Collingrove Hill Climb - Shane's Leggy

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Shane's Legnum at today's come and try day (forgive the quality, first time motorsport photographer using an old manual lens)

8665232364_c6d3465994_c.jpg

8665236312_34b97c421d_c.jpg

8665219488_172938a049_c.jpg

8664120839_d5e2a54562_c.jpg

Jimmy's Capella (pretty much the loudest car there)

8665228432_7af907e8a7_c.jpg

8664123869_b6f282a26a_c.jpg

There's some video on the way of both cars launching and doing some skids.
HiRes here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taylorsflickr/

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Videos:

[video=youtube_share;VYcWP2SdSGs]http://youtu.be/VYcWP2SdSGs[/video]

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
[video=youtube_share;I8dmwJzduEc]http://youtu.be/I8dmwJzduEc[/video]

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
[video=youtube_share;xQJCvxQNchI]http://youtu.be/xQJCvxQNchI[/video]

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
[video=youtube_share;XB9SFeDswxw]http://youtu.be/XB9SFeDswxw[/video]

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
What times did you manage? I have been before (not in the Legnum), and as such am now not allowed to drive at come and try days; I will be doing a few hillclimbs there this year in the Legnum though. You must have confused a few people with the launch control/antilag on a wagon at a come and try day :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Launches look good :)

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
Best run was 38.29. I had never used the launch control before (had it over a year!) cos i was so worried about the clutch / diff but was no slippage at all and obviously no breakage. So much fun, will be going in an event there now for sure! What did you drive and what time?

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
awesome got to go do this soon

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
It was my old ST165 Celica; 38.02. I can't wait to try something with some more power, the celica's biggest problem was acceleration up the top end of the hill out of those last tight corners.

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
Good time man. I got the 17th quickest time for the day out of 83 cars so i was stoked with that. Ill let you know when i enter next event. 1st winter cup next month thinking of doing it. Be mad to have a vr4 team / battle :p

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Good time man. I got the 17th quickest time for the day out of 83 cars so i was stoked with that. Ill let you know when i enter next event. 1st winter cup next month thinking of doing it. Be mad to have a vr4 team / battle :p

I was thinking of entering that one but it hinges on whether I have suitable tyres and have stopped my engine from overheating on load. How does yours go with engine temp up there? Thats a very quick time for a come and try day, and I suspect that the only cars with a better time will have been those that everyone would fully expect to be there (Evos etc), well done :)

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Very keen to see your times martin, esp after a tune.
Collinggrove seems to really favour the AWDs that can keep open throttle longer. Shane's launch control can't hurt :)

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
Best run was 38.29. I had never used the launch control before (had it over a year!) cos i was so worried about the clutch / diff but was no slippage at all and obviously no breakage. So much fun, will be going in an event there now for sure! What did you drive and what time?
What revs is your launch control set at? Mines around 3400 but think its a bit low

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
Mines set at 4500 and seemed to work well.

Martin, I didnt have any trouble with overheating. I would say my car is very well maintaned though, also a new standard replacement radiator in last 6 months. Although I would think a vr4 shouldnt have any trouble with a short squirt up a hill.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Mine got hot at OzGymkhana the other month. It was a 45 degree day, and the runs were well over a minute i think so i suppose its not that unexpected. The thing that worries me is that the temp guage seems to start to creep up when I climb really steep hills at high throttle when driving on the road. You make a good point with how short the runs are though, but I will still play it safe and do something about it before hand. I am waiting on a datalogging cable so that I can get some readings before I change anything, and am also about to make up a large duct that encloses the intercooler and directs all the air from the front lower grille through the intercooler, condensor and radiator - I am convinced that better flow would do as much as a better radiator. Actually, your front bumper seems to have a far better opening in it - maybe that helps with your temps.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
What times did you manage? I have been before (not in the Legnum), and as such am now not allowed to drive at come and try days; I will be doing a few hillclimbs there this year in the Legnum though. You must have confused a few people with the launch control/antilag on a wagon at a come and try day :)

When you went before was it a come and try day or a proper event. Its just i've heard from an official there a few years ago that you can keep doing come and try days as much as you like until you do a proper event. I've taken the S14 out a couple of times and know people who've been to the come and try probably around 5 times

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
You used to be able to, but they have cracked down on it now. They include a speel about it now at the beginning of come and try days.

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
You used to be able to, but they have cracked down on it now. They include a speel about it now at the beginning of come and try days.

This is correct. So many people do it these days they dont want new people to miss out to people who have already driven in it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom