Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
very cheap and lots of fun - hang around for the whole day and you should get 6 runs or so and i think they 'unoffically' time it too now

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
The look of the track from Google earth is awesome. I've never bene to one, I'm assuming it would be a whole lot of fun.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
Yeah it's timed.
They do a print out after each run with section times and overall time

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
It's tight! just enough room to fit a car!....there have been some good 'off's' lately haha. Best one I saw was Tristan Catford in his IX TMR go completely off and through a farmers fence...he drove off with the fence attached haha.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
It looks tight but i've actually found there's decent amounts of room to move, if you can drive in the hills you can drive there as its a bit wider than a lane. Plus if you go off 90% of the time you'll be fine. the S14's gone off and spun on a few occasions

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
theres a few places though that it can get a bit messy, 2/3rds the way up the hill where all those rocks are off to the left hand side springs to mind.

The point of the come and try day is just to give it a go, so you just go as hard as you're comfortable with for skill level or in proportion to how much risk you want to take with breaking your car :p

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I wish I had decent brakes and honestly I would probably enter, however going up hill I guess it wouldnt be too hard on them. I can say that I am confident enough in the hills after living up in Oakbank for years and frequenting chain of ponds nearly every day for a while....

Inspite

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Inspite
Drive
2001 VR-4 Galant
I've already got the forms infront of me as I promised to give it a go.

I wouldnt stress about brakes as its only a short burst up the hill :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
That looks good! Is it as blind as it looks in the video?

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
First corner is fairly blind but not bad as you know it's there. the rest are fine.

Regarding braking you barely use them. i actually had problems last time due to running the pads i use at mallala and not having them anywhere near temp to stop me. i had to ride them going to the starting line just to try and get some heat in them

Also i dont think you'll have a problem with the auto. There is a huge range of cars that go that never have a problem. prius, magna, kei cars etc.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
+6

And watch the legumes get a faster first section as he bogs down off the line :LOL: At least thats what happened with the v8 utes that were there last time i had a run - and the time i made on them (with a slipping clutch btw) in that first section was the time i beat them by pretty much

Top Bottom