ECU Flash for VR4

G

Unregistered
Dmitry said both pre-facelift and FL ECUs can be reflashed.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Anyone see this link

Ours are supposed to work now with the update, i.e. add support for EVO 5/6 and other Mitsubishi H8 reflashing with the open port 2.0 cable, the earlier versions wont work with the 1.3 cable, its explained in the link above, not enough voltage or something...

IMGP2661sm.jpg

$189 sounds like a good deal Dave!!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Ha, so as of 1 week ago ECUFlash has support for H8!

OK, so basially we get the Openport cable, ECUFlash, create a map and upload it via OBDII?

Who knows the lanugage?

G

Unregistered
I already had the 1.3 cable coming, I have just ordered the 2.0 cable kit. Once there all here, will let everyone know and get a car into the shop and see what we can do, if only to confirm the ability to read and write to the ECU

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
So, has anyone used the OpenPort 2.0 cable to flash our ECU? Any info?

G

Unregistered
Unfortunatly I was not able to get my cable yet so was unable to look at Madhav's vehicle. As soon as I get a cable I will get a vehicle in

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
EcuFlash def files for Legnum tt.

Change the .txt back to .xml.

Moderators, how about upping the max file size, as the def file size will be going up.
And adding xml files to the upload list.

If you are in Sydney and are interested in this, contact MEEK.

EDIT1: Any name with a * prefix is not currently correct and is being looked into.

Attachments

• vr4base1.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 129
  • vr4_MD340288.txt
    458 bytes · Views: 109
  • vr4_MD340289.txt
    458 bytes · Views: 96
G

Unregistered
Good work - having to my own Open Port 2.0 cable working in perth now, anyone with a legnum that wants to see if this works on there car, drop through RPW and I can do some quick tests and see if your vehicle has a writeable ECU on it. Takes around 10 minutes to check.

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
Good work - having to my own Open Port 2.0 cable working in perth now, anyone with a legnum that wants to see if this works on there car, drop through RPW and I can do some quick tests and see if your vehicle has a writeable ECU on it. Takes around 10 minutes to check.

great.... so you tried to flash your ECU? What is your ECU number? Is there any trick we need to notice?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
EcuFlash def files for Legnum tt.

Change the .txt back to .xml.

Moderators, how about upping the max file size, as the def file size will be going up.
And adding xml files to the upload list.

If you are in Sydney and are interested in this, contact MEEK.

EDIT1: Any name with a * prefix is not currently correct and is being looked into.
Dave if you want to upload specific files send me or Steve (Snickells) a PM and we'll sort it out - we have plenty of hosting space for large files when necessary, but the limit's set relatively low so people don't abuse it :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Has anyone tried this at all? For auto ecu?

G

Unregistered
Many thanks to Dave for uploading the ECUFlash Definitions. I have tried it to read the ROM of MD340288 ECU and it works. Now my friend's ecu is reflashable. Any information on how the Boost Control fields works as its diffferent from an EVO.

Top Bottom