evo rear diff

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
does anyone know if the vr4 rear diff and the evo rear diff mounts are the same? im looking at whiteline rear diff mount kit cheers

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hey Brad's back! Because I'm lazy and we're already on the topic, what's involved in fitting a SAYC diff?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I'm literally doing it now. It seems very straight forward, just spacing out the rear mounts on the evo diff roughly 10mm. I'll let you know tomorrow.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Finished it off today.
It literally bolts in. The front brackets bolt up perfectly, the tailshaft bolts in, the YAW lines bolt in, the driveshafts slot in and the rear 2 x 22mm bolts bolt in but require a 10mm spacer on each as the mounts on the Evo diff aren't cast as far out as the Legnum diff. The only 'custom' work needed is to make an allowance for the YAW filler plug, just grinding a 4x4cm section right near the original filler hole location on the rear subframe. And there is a little 12mm allowance cast into the Evo diff casing that needs to be cut off to not foul on the Legnum subframe.
Should take about 3 hours to remove original diff, grind, check, grind, fit, fill, bleed and driveaway. It feels great on the road, instantly noticeable, I highly recommend it. Especially when people are asking $500 for a VR4 diff and you can source an Evo 7/8 diff for about $7-900.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Really that cheap? Hmmm, I can feel a diff swap coming on.... So can I then put a newer (flashable) ayc ecu in also? And does anyone know for certain if acd can be fitted and work?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I got mine delivered for $700, spent $200 rebuilding it and it should last me ages and help net good times at the track.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
You haven't read my members ride thread then? :p
Technically mine doesn't work as I haven't actually hooked up electrics, but that is just a matter of wiring and I have had other things push that down the priority list. However it is actually in the car and has been my transfer case for over a year now.

As far as I know, I am the only one with a ACD transfer case on a VR-4.
And does anyone know for certain if acd can be fitted and work?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Really that cheap? Hmmm, I can feel a diff swap coming on.... So can I then put a newer (flashable) ayc ecu in also? And does anyone know for certain if acd can be fitted and work?

Hey Shtiv I read a loooong long time ago on CVR4 about a couple of guys in UK who did the ACD replacement. Off the top of my head it also is a direct bolt on. As far as wiring it into the ecu than I reckon would be the ultimate challenge; but then you've nutted out most hard stuff so far. ;)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I did see something about ACD in your car kenneth a while ago but then I heard that you didn't get it to work.... figured I'd be lazy and ask here :D

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Lol

Oh, it WORKS, it just isn't WORKING at present (The actual ACD Control that is, the assembly runs fine in the car) :p It most definitely isn't a bolt on mod either.

Yeah, I know all about laziness... That is why the ACD isn't operating at present :p

I did see something about ACD in your car kenneth a while ago but then I heard that you didn't get it to work.... figured I'd be lazy and ask here :D

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Old thread I know but I thought it would be better to use this thread than start another. While I was under my car installing driveshafts I noticed the diff mounts at the rear of my car are damaged. The forward rear mounts look ok but the back ones are cracked. It looked like there was dribble marks running down from the rubber bush, are these mounts liquid filled like the front engine mount? If it is I don't suppose anyone knows if there is a solid rubber replacement?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
The rear diff cradle bushes?
Mine are cracking too,
I asked MEEK to see if there's a replacement last time I was in there but they seem to think it comes pre-pressed into the cradle and can't be bought separately.
From memory on CAPS the cradle is a front on view so you can't even see the bushes to click on for a part number

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
The rear diff cradle bushes?
Mine are cracking too,
I asked MEEK to see if there's a replacement last time I was in there but they seem to think it comes pre-pressed into the cradle and can't be bought separately.
From memory on CAPS the cradle is a front on view so you can't even see the bushes to click on for a part number

You are right thats how it looks in ASA but it seems stupid to have to throw out your sub frame and have to buy another one because the rubber is cracked. There has to be replacements surely.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
You are right thats how it looks in ASA but it seems stupid to have to throw out your sub frame and have to buy another one because the rubber is cracked. There has to be replacements surely.
Macca, We are talking about Mitsubishi are we not.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I hope this is not the case. I have like a shudder under power from the rear and was hoping to replace the diff carrier rubbers. Are talking bout the same things?

Top Bottom