Glad I'm not A subie fan boy

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
2015 wrx sti .I hear its a great drive but Jesus is it ugly what do you guys think.

2015_subaru_wrx_sti_overseas_01_1-0115-450x240.jpg

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
I don't think its ugly. If anything I think its an improvement.
If I had the money I would buy one.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So exceptionally...plain. Then again, nothing after the GC8 interests me. I hear good things about increased torsional rigidity, better spring and roll bar rates, tuned length manifold etc. and I hear the STI is hardcore once more. I just can't justify spending all that money on something so exceptionally...boring. Easy to improve over the previous shape when it just looked plain bad.

I'm definitely not their target demographic.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
gc8 ftw but i'm biased, this looks like an evo x but i think it has potential. seriously the japanese lost their way after evo 9 and 06sti, and now Europe has stepped up. wonder how theyll respond to mods ;) we need Nissan to make an s16 turbo rwd etc, Toyota to build another supra, Subaru to make a widebody cool and faster version of the current sti, and an evo 11.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
I have to agree with Steve. When the A45 AMG can output 265kW from a 4-cylinder and nothing from Japan comes close. Just don't get why they've have fallen so far behind. I don't mind the new look though -- it's a far cry from the awesome concept car, but still not bad.

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
I have to agree with Steve. When the A45 AMG can output 265kW from a 4-cylinder and nothing from Japan comes close. Just don't get why they've have fallen so far behind. I don't mind the new look though -- it's a far cry from the awesome concept car, but still not bad.

If you ran boost as high as A45's run then you'll be making so much more power from all the almost any jap car with a turbo.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Doesn't look half as ugly as the older subies.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Without bothering to look into differences between blocks, crank, pistons etc. of the A45 engine and the EJ?25?something used in the 2014 WRX, dare say the significant cost difference between the two would be construction methods and materials. EJ most likely cast guts and A45 forged, EJ still port injection and A45 direct, sodium filled this and that etc. etc. If Subaru was to use the same construction methods and materials they'd be making more power at greater cost and consequently selling less volume. They're seeking the more cost effective performance to price point whereas MB have positioned themselves as the premium brand with price and performance to match.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I like how it looks, but I like the look of all Subies apart from the last hatch back they made, it was ugly.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Subaru lost their way after the Gen 4 Liberty... in fact it's their best looking car, period.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I like it. I also liked the previous shaped hatch backs as well.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
The concept looked so good. Pity they ruined it. It's gotten way too big as well...

The_Giefster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Evo 5 + Motorbike
With the Evo's gone they have reduced the price. $39,990 for the WRX and $49,990 for the STI. Performance bargain for the new pricing. And with it coming out as a wagon in the future, it may be a great upgrade!

214573_5.jpg

214573_1.jpg

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
I'll admit that the wagon looks better than the sedan does. I read about the pricing yesterday, pretty surprised about how cheap it was.

G

Unregistered
Mitsubishi are no longer building evos after the evo10.
There going into the hybrid suv direction

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Mitsubishi are no longer building evos after the evo10.
There going into the hybrid suv direction
Really? I thought that they were doing a hybrid evo with transmission being driven by an electric motor . I know they were definitely developing the technology for the evo unless it has been canned. Wouldn't surprise me with all the cost cutting major manufacturer's are doing these days.

Top Bottom