Loud Clunk when turning

Steven Jones

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Steven
Drive
1997 Legnum
2007 BFMKii Falcon
Hey all, I recently picked my Legnum off a mate of mine, needs a fair bit of work but was an awesome price so I can't really complain.. Anyway, it's unregistered so I've only driven it around the yard so far but the thing iv'e noticed is when I turn the wheel full lock both ways somewhere along the line while I'm turning there's a massive bang and shudder and it feels like the whole front end jumps a little bit. Now I'm pretty sure the drive-shafts are shot and that is what's causing it but I was just wanting to post on here to see if any of you guys had had any similar issues..
It's going to the mechanic next week to be officially diagnosed as well as a few other things such as the tappets and slipping clutch.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
LCAs? or with a bang like that could your springs be binding or something?

Steven Jones

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Steven
Drive
1997 Legnum
2007 BFMKii Falcon
Yeah possibilty it could be LCA's, I've got Tein Coil-overs that aren't that old so I doubt it's that. It's ridiculously loud whatever it is

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Could be LCAs, CV joints, shocks, springs or engine mounts etc

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Check the bolts for the anti roll bars aren't loose, my rear did this, scared the shit out of me as it was farken loud

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
From what you've described it's the cv's.

Top Bottom