Mitsubie - Malaga

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I don't know what your experience is with Mitsubie in Malaga, but I can tell you they won't see me again up there before they stop dreaming...

The story:

I'm looking for new/second hand splash guards... from my memory they had a Legnum halfcut there a few months ago! I was up in Malaga anyway to pick up my rims, so drove by at Mitsubie. Went into the shop and asked for Legnum halfcuts etc.... They actually got 2 now, still the old one (from my memory still the same parts available) and the new one is a smashed (full car) pearl white S2 Type S automatic (looked like it hit a pole one the driver side... Zed was telling me that he is looking for fender flares, this one got 3 left... so I asked him how much they would be, he said "$200" each! I said "Just lost my interest in them... but what I really need are those splash guards here (pointed and showed him what I need (both cars still got them)" He said: "$45 each" I said: "Beg your pardon?!?" He said "$45 - have a look around, this place costs rent... all the workers don't work for free... bla bla bla" Just looked at him" We're talking about two 300x400mm black plastic pieces, 45 bucks is ridiculous... I better don't ask for the 2 low beam bulb extension then..."

He again (works for Mitsubie since 1 week): "$45 is the minimum charge for any items you can see here... the adapter is not for sale, they come with the headlights (which was smashed...)" I was really pissed off at this point and just told him to get serious and maybe the bad f... word was used as well!

In the beginning he mentioned the whole car would be $8500... it's not even worth $4000!

I don't know if it was just this guy who seemed to be in the wrong place... if you got any experience with them let me know!

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Yeah they charge like wounded bulls cos they know they can, its either them or waiting for amcap to deliver ex japan. Was in the same situation a few weeks ago when my power window regulator and ISC motor died.

They charged me $220 for the window regulator and motor included, the part numbers matched. $153 was the price given by amcap for the regulator WITHOUT the motor + a 3/4 week wait from Japan. Tried to bargain the price the guy replied that these window regulator were 'gold plated'. hardy har har. All in all i suppose the window regulator wasnt too bad in terms of price, the ISC motor was priced at $160...a new aftermarket one from the likes of nardek would be around $220 but again more wait time from the east.

I'd be interested to ask how much they'll charge me for the driver side courtesy light door panel cover. Nothing below $45 eh...thats just nuts. The drive there was enough pain and suffering for me.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Don't get me started on Mitsubie. Many years ago i went there to buy a "4-Bolt" diff for my 92 Galant VR4. Got told price of $650 over the phone. Get there to pay for it and pick it up and get told $750. THought that it was still a good price so paid it.
Another time i went to look at an EVO 3 gearbox for my 92 Galant VR4. Went out and looked at it at least twice (the transfer case was attached each time). Went to bank. Paid for a Bank cheque in their name for the amount. Went to get it. Boss (John) is out playing "golf" and no transfercase attached. The workers were told transfercase not paid of the sale as sold separate.Each time i went there nothing was mentioned that it wasn't included. Told him to stick the gearbox. Had to cancel the Bank cheque so it cost me to buy the cheque and cancel it.
John would rather have the part sit on the shelf and want a set price rather than move the stock out.
Apparently he has a another owner there now and has tried to correct his way's.

Have you tried Magnawreck in Kenwick at all?

Scott

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hmm nope, Kenwick isn't my area =) Do they have(had in the past) any VR-4s?

G

Unregistered
John is a rude prick, I refuse to deal with them.

G

Unregistered
if you know someone in japan . just get them to chase the part there and send it over .

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Called Magnawreck kenwick on the weekend, was after a center console pocket...no VR4 halfcuts/parts what so ever there... not even for the local 1993-1996 Galant HJs, the guy didnt sound interested at all too.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
I've got a spare centre console... carbon look ;-)

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
I've got a spare centre console... carbon look ;-)

ahhh what is this carbon look center console you speak of...sounds fancy! :cool:

managed to get a 'universal' one from repco...which of course wasnt so universal...had to chop and hack at it....

naughtika was saying the hj galant ones would fit too.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
What's the centre console pocket? That thing you've got underneath a single DIN radio?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Mitsubie want $800.00 for the rear diff AYC pump!!! Yikes!!! Hardly think they'll be gettin my business would rather wait...

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Yeah I had the same experience with them, needed a TS Magna Wagon Tail-light - not very common unfortunately so I guess in some ways necessary.. but everyone else told me more like $40 was reasonable, I said that to them and he goes "na mate we sell em every day for that price" which seemed like complete crap to me (and I'm sure it is, can't tell me a 2nd gen magna wagon tail light is done every day and you have enough stock to keep up with that, especially when NO ONE else has them)

So I paid my $100 anyway.. turned out another place did in fact have one but they didn't realise it was compatible, I mentioned TS they didn't' realise a TR would fit... they wanted $40.. doh.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
+1 for mitsubie

$200 for a second hand single spring+shock assembly.

i refuse to even bother calling them ever again.

Reasonably sure you can get a new ones for that price!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
+1 for mitsubie

$200 for a second hand single spring+shock assembly.

i refuse to even bother calling them ever again.

Reasonably sure you can get a new ones for that price!

You can get a second hand set of 4 TEINs for that money.

Got another good one from them... cargo cover for Legnum - second hand of course for $200 as well!

It's less than that for a brand new one!

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
That's probably the most reasonably priced quote I've heard from them though :p

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I paid $100 for a single spring+shock asembly from a wrecker here in NSW...didnt have a choice mine was leaking and needed one immediately..but it was in good condition..

Top Bottom