Modern Regularity April 1st

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Hey guys, Entry forms for the April 1st modern reg are now open and i plan on getting the S14 out for the first time this year.
would be great to see a few of you out (looks at Jon and Dion ;) )

entry forms can be found here:
http://users.adam.com.au/amcommtech/Regulations/approved entry23909E_3 (2).pdf

For those of you who don’t know what a modern regularity is, it’s a timed event held at Mallala where the fastest time doesn’t mean you’re the winner. Before going out you must nominate a lap time and try to be as close as you can to it with points deducted the further off you are. This means that you don’t need to push yourself beyond your limits or the cars. Also by nominating a time you are released from the pits (rolling start with first lap warm up) in order from quickest to slowest which generally results in minimal need to overtake/be overtaken which highly reduces the risk of collisions. Further more you are only allowed to overtake on straights and there are marshals out to let you know, a. if its ok to overtake and b. to let someone overtake

This is a CAMS event so the usual equipment will be required:

L2S CAMS license or higher
An LS2 year license is $95 and apparently you can get a day license but cant remember cost, Dion do you remember what you paid?

CAMS recognised Club Affiliation
I’m with Club PSI who currently have an offer on for $10 membership (most other clubs are around $50)
http://www.clubpsi.org/index.php?module=Pages&func=viewpub&tid=1&pid=1

Helmet with AS1698 compliance. (This is the one I have [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350278837220"]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350278837220
[/URL]
1kg fire extinguisher (I’ve found paramount browns are quite cheap for these)

A blue triangle with 150cm sides to indicate the location of the battery (can be done with tape or contact)

A Red triangle tow sticker, Electrical tape will work again
this is not really advisable but somehow he got away with it :p
392873_10150391710892567_673977566_8385628_1530324793_n.jpg

Full length non-flammable clothing (eg closed shoes, jeans/cargo pants and long sleave cotton shirt)

More info can be found here http://www.austin7clubsa.com.au/index.php/modern-regularity

It’s a load of fun, quite safe and I definitely recommend you all give it a go.

Hope to see you there,
Kym

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Vouching for great fun factor and well written up Kym. I didnt end up having to utilise the tow triangle above so it was all good :p

I didnt end up being able to get a day license like i thought, i got a year license plus signed up to the Austin7 club - expensive first outing but im set for the next 12 months of fun now

Not sure the legume will be pieced back together and fully tuned in time for this one but i should be out for the following event hopefully - with some yellowstuff pads to improve stopping and some semi slick to keep up cornering speeds :D

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
My entry is in.
Come on guys, you know you want to get out there ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Would love to but dont expect the car to be back together and tuned in time :(

And i value my life way too much to take the ute out

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
Hahaha I swear if I get down to the track and its all closed up with a sign saying april fools on the gate i'll be braking in and racing anyway

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I'm in. clutch and gearbox feels solid. I'm organising everything today, joining Austin7 club lol.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
excellent, I was planning on dropping by to spectate and cheerlead ;)

I can make you up a sweet tow triangle like above if you want Jon?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
you know I'm keen! josh is coming out in the IX too....I hope to god I can beat him

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Ill see you girls out there tomorrow for some spectating, ill try and get out by around lunchtime (i will of course buy lunch before getting there, i dont fancy spending $162 for a salmonella roll)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Im only going out for a couple of hrs myself.....

Crap thing is Mt Alma mile is on too, i breifly considered going down there for the morning and then up to Malalla for the arvo but thats a shitload of driving!

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Leggy performed very well.
stock gutted exhaust, 10psi, FMIC, K&N, Brembos with Mu B spec pads, 2nd hand Silverstone semis and soft as Teins.

Started the day with a 1:33, dropped the pressures a bit and spoke to some peeps about the lines to take, next session best was a 1:28, next session best was a 1:26.19. That was my best run for the day. In the last session I was hitting boost cut at 160km/hr and dropped my best in the session to 1:26.8.
All in all very happy with how Leggy did, only issues resulting was coolant temp was sitting a bit higher (3/4's) so I'm going a thicker core radiator, install oil cooler, use a boost gauge line that won't melt and remove the cuts in the ECU.
I'll order a set of ISC's this week.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You may want to block around the radiator to force air through it too..... 3/4 gauge is probably really really hot....

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Some photos from today. Megan is apparantly into editing...
2znof0n.jpg

33wuyhi.jpg

Traffic!
1z1rz7r.jpg

16jix3o.jpg

m7a0m.jpg

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Stock temp gauges move a lot even for a rise of say 10 degress. Either way, it's something to improve for next time. As soon as I came off the throttle for cool down it went right back down. I think also an oil cooler will help, Steve/SKR said that oil temps are never more than 20 degress from coolant temp...which is pretty hot lol

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Stock temp gauges move a lot even for a rise of say 10 degress. Either way, it's something to improve for next time. As soon as I came off the throttle for cool down it went right back down. I think also an oil cooler will help, Steve/SKR said that oil temps are never more than 20 degress from coolant temp...which is pretty hot lol

Maybe, mine was at 120 there, I've seen another almost 140! But another at 110 so who knows....

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
His best was a 1:27.8, with some semis he will do well. I'm glad I beat him, he will smoke me next time haha

Top Bottom