PUDG3_VR4

The Unlucky One....
First Name
BJ
Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
2002 Volvo V70 XC Cross Country
Hey Guys!

As the title suggests! Time to finally make the big switch to manual.
I have all the bits ready to rock & roll.
TJ & I have talked about how to do it & the 100,000km service as one, and I'd say we've got it pretty well worked out.
Going to need tall jack & stands, basically raise the car as high as we can.
Drop both engine & gearbox out the bottom, unbolt the transfer/gearbox from engine while it's on the ground & slide it out from passengers side
Fit all the clutch lines & manual bits while the engines on the floor having the 100,000km bits replaced.
Once thats done, fit flywheel, clutch etc & fit manual box up to engine.
Replace all fluids (gearbox, transfer, engine, rear diff etc) then back in she goes.

I was thinking about having teams for this too, so its quick
Any thoughts?

I will be providing drinks, food & free WiFi (haha) for both days (p.s I have NBN with 600gb)
I hope to see you all on the day
Time to get our hands dirty yet again

Thanks again guys,
BJ

P.S - Easily the best car community in the world I've ever been involved in, you guys make everything fantastic & are an exceptional bunch! (Yeah I'm sucking up lol)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Will be there, hopefully we can get it all done and we can do a cruise up to Toowoomba to watch my horse race Sunday arvo

G

Unregistered
Don't forget a slidehammer for removing the half-shaft joining the transfer case and transmission :)

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
still need a puller and cam gear locks. Pretty sure I have all other tools we need.
and still need a high lift jack and I might be able to steel a few high stands from work unless someone has some we can borrow

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
How high do you need said stands?
The puller, what thread does it need to be?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Will be there, hopefully we can get it all done and we can do a cruise up to Toowoomba to watch my horse race Sunday arvo
Are you thinking of picking up the dump pipes then too as you drive past my place?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Was just waiting to see if our horse qualifies before I said anything to you tho.

Well, should qualify no problems, has a good rating, but she has a tendency of drawing barriers so wide she starts in the carpark... in which case we scratch.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
High enough to get clear access to engine and box on the ground while still under the body so we dont have to drag it out due to limiting space. We will be taking all front suspension out to get more space to so hoping bout 500mm should be high enough.
How high do you need said stands?
The puller, what thread does it need to be?

PUDG3_VR4

The Unlucky One....
First Name
BJ
Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
So stuff we need people to bring:
  • High Jack stands
  • Christians trolley jack (pretty please, it's amazing)
  • Cam gear locks
  • Slide hammer
  • Yourselves!
  • Engine crane load leveller / engine strap (if I can't get one by Saturday)
Also standard shocks are going back in, but that's easy and we can do it last :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Was just waiting to see if our horse qualifies before I said anything to you tho.

Well, should qualify no problems, has a good rating, but she has a tendency of drawing barriers so wide she starts in the carpark... in which case we scratch.
Roger the frog!

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Why dontcha just wind it up an inch or 2.

PUDG3_VR4

The Unlucky One....
First Name
BJ
Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
Can I get a head count for the weekend?
So I can organise how much foods/drinks I'm gonna need to buy :)

Top Bottom