frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Over easter i took the VR4 camping to Rainbow beach, i drove it half way into a couple of the camp sites and it seems to handle the sand a treat compared to the next time i went a couple weeks later with my mate's ute and other mate's mitsi 380.

We are coming up for another trip in about 2 weeks and i had the thought hmm... i wonder if anyone has taken their VR4 on the beach? Ive seen some vids of people's evo's having a good ol time. Has anyone tried it out? Obviously coilovers would need to be raised up a little and a massive hose down after the drive, but opinions?

I realise it would be a bad idea, but the question is how bad?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
LOL! I admire your ambition Josh! :p thats like saying... "hey lets strap a turbo motor onto a shopping trolley" ... Sounds awesome in theory, could not end well.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
haha go for it josh, wind it up, maybe ditch the 18s

maybe ditch the cat too, wouldnt want that red hot cat starting bush fires lol

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I took my Leggy on the beach a few times... the biggest issue is getting to it! Had mine several times at Lancelin making mince meat out of a mates Outlander and took it onto the white sand down at Bremer Bay and Peaceful Bay in south WA. Great fun, but the ride height was nearly stock when I did this! I'm not to sure if the setup I've got at the moment would still handle it.

Will add pics later, only found one from the Lancelin dunes... so not really on the beach this one:

SNV82215.JPG

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
taken mine on the beach a few times. no problems at all. just DONT go slow in soft sand or u will get bogged.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
do you think it'd need to be raised up a lil steve? lol :D
Im kinda tempted... except today just a moment ago i found out my steering rack needs a recondition as both boots have been stuffed for quite some time and now the seals are leaking. Probably not the wisest thing to do this time round taking it on the beach? :p Maybe next time... or if im REALLY tempted and just not do anything crazy.... we'll see

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
just wrap the broken stuff up in garbage bags. problem solved

bush-mechanics-07.jpg

hey gud won fullah

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i didnt raise my car up. remember sand is softer than car lol. unless u hit a massive chuck of soft sand, then ur front bar will be like a snow plow.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I took my Leggy on the beach a few times... the biggest issue is getting to it! Had mine several times at Lancelin making mince meat out of a mates Outlander and took it onto the white sand down at Bremer Bay and Peaceful Bay in south WA. Great fun, but the ride height was nearly stock when I did this! I'm not to sure if the setup I've got at the moment would still handle it.

Will add pics later, only found one from the Lancelin dunes... so not really on the beach this one:

Tom looks like you near the dunes not on the beach

I took mine on the beach at Lancelin when it was stock everything and it had no problems gettin around although it bogged down a lil when the chassis bottom out but the hardest thing was trying to not let the clutch slipped in the the process, would munch it up more now with the HDB in it, but i wouldnt try it again with the atmo BOV ive got now

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Why do you have to worry about slipping the clutch? You're on sand. Rev and dump :D

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
thats how i ruined my clutch haha. its just in mud, nothing restricting it....

Top Bottom