Toyota soarer

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Nah I always liked the Supra in that game too. The rest of them handled like trucks.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
hah, I can't remember the Supra. I have vague recollections of the Diablo, a Viper and I think a Corvette?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
HAHA yeah back before imports were cool, the Supra was the shittest car in the original Need For Speed.
I never chose it. I hated it so much, it looked like a smoothed out oblong.

nfs_the_need_for_speed_1_one_1.png

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea it was red like Dimi's pic shows. Was the only one from memory with traction control. You could turn it off though.

Not sure about the Viper, I remember the top 2 were the Diablo & a Ferrari.
Pretty sure there was an RX7 too as there was for sure a rotary in the pack.
Ahhhh.... here we go from Wikipedia ;

Cars

There are eight different cars in the game: a navy blue Lamborghini Diablo, a red Ferrari 512TR, a royal blue Dodge Viper RT/10, a dark green Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, a dark blue Porsche 911 Carrera, a red Toyota Supra Turbo, a silver Acura NSX and a yellow Mazda RX-7.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
...."cough"....get an Aristo..."cough"...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
LOL I was saying I liked the look of the Supra since I first saw it in that game.. I never used it, I would use the Diablo, NSX and Viper!

Until I got that game, I never knew the Supra existed!

CSPOT

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kyle
Drive
JZZ30 GT-T
And their interior is crap. I was very keen on one until I saw the interior. It is all medium grey and looks like a piece of poo Camry from the mid 90's

You guys obviously don't know your soarers well enough ;)

They are big yes, they weigh the same as a Legnum. These were built as luxury tourer's not bare basic sports cars like 180sx's etc. Drive a UZZ32 with active suspension to see how they handle, possibly the best suspension system ever released on a Jap car.

Slow? Not exactly when you have several guys in Oz who have been running 11's on stock turbo's and unopened engines for a couple of years now. I can't think of too many other cars from that era, which can still do this on stock turbo/engine with basic bolt on mods.

Agreed on the grey and brown interiors (they were fashionable back in 1991 when it was released) they look like crap now but the later models had nicer colour interiors.

I have a Black-on-black factory manual soarer for sale if anyones interested.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Backwards, but ignore that. Looks just as good as a VR4 IMO. The bulgy centre bit is kinda weird but it isn't terrible.

25931020003_large.jpg

CSPOT

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kyle
Drive
JZZ30 GT-T
Thats the ugly grey interior (+ JZA80 seats)...the black interiors from 1994+ look the goods.

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
if you want to find a nice soarer go have a look at soarercentral.com its the australian soarer forum. the interiors are quite weird but remeber they were built for rich japanese business people who liked speed and comfort. i'd advice to look for a 94-96 black on black (have fun keeping it clean) then swap the headlights for some glass ones and you'll be all sweet.

Top Bottom