unusual problem

robbo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Robert
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
Im having an unusual problem where my interior light comes on when going through a right hand bend, it only does it if i have a passenger in the front seat although i have seen the light in the door come on as well if its just me in the car, im thinking its something to do with the door switch maybe has a short or something. Would anyone know what this could be it gets quite irratating when it does it.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Electrical gremlins are always fun. If its only during a right hand turn have you tried adjusting the door clip, so it sits tighter against the switch that turns the light on/off?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i have a somewhat similar issue where the interior light (only the front one) flicks on and strobes for a good 5 minutes then randomly stops again..
really irritating because it happens in the middle of driving at night and scares the shit out of me!

G

Unregistered
It does sound like a problem with a door switch. Have you noticed the door open warning light on the dash coming on too?

Try taking out the suspect one(s) and cleaning up the contacts. Alternatively brand new switches are really cheap.

door_sensor.jpg

Pic taken from Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK.

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
I had very similar issues in my old S13, new switch fixed it right up

Top Bottom