kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi all,

just got an email back from walbro saying they do not have a fuel pump dat fit the 2000 legnum's
i have read on the forum that many have done this so my question,
what pump will fit directley, and does the job if i want to get to about 350-400hp

thanks

GVR40

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Craig
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yep remember the proper O ring too.

Digging up a post from the past, what is the 'proper O ring'? I put a walbro in my car on friday and since then i've had a lot of issues with not getting enough fuel and the pump whining like it is on full boost and full load all the time, gets worse the longer I drive thinking it could be the pump isn't seated in the cradle correctly and not making pressure in the lines as the fuel is just pumping back into the tank.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Regardless of the proper O-ring you will hear the new pump... Where did you get the new pump from?

Did you do the filter at the same time?

GVR40

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Craig
Drive
VR4 Galant
yes did the filter at the same time, got walbro from a reputable auto parts store, everything seems to be fine now, was howling when i first installed, but it seems to have fixed itself

VR4legnum98

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Horacio
Drive
VR4 legnum
Interesting read , so what Walbro are you guys using ?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
whats the next size up for our cars after the walbro 255

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
there is a Walbro GS342 and a 400 we used on LS1s, no idea if they fit tho

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
whats the next size up for our cars after the walbro 255

255 is proven to support over 500 hp from the crank. And that is with E85. Actually my friends have had more problems with the bigger walbro models as I only have the 255 and everything works like a charm.

HYBREE

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Turei
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
Whats the part number of the Walbro 255 I need guys? And wheres the best place to buy it?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
We have Walbro pump kits available to suit VR4, yes with the correct O-Ring etc. Also have other options (eg DW300) and walbro 400 if a 255 isn't enough....

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
We have Walbro pump kits available to suit VR4, yes with the correct O-Ring etc. Also have other options (eg DW300) and walbro 400 if a 255 isn't enough....
At what point would the 255 run out of copacity and what would you go to for the next step up

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
On 98 about 300kw atw. On e85 about 240kw. That's at factory voltage so you can get more but you're better off going to a dw300 at that point.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
well with a 3 port and tune from TME around 40 plus kilowasps atw maybe

Top Bottom