Örnryd aka Pierre // Sweden

G

Unregistered
Hi!

Been lurking around cvr4 for a while and now I´ve found you guys, actually didnt know that VR4´s where sold in Aussie. here´s some pics of my car:

galant2.jpg

galant.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

motor-1.jpg

Currently the cars in a shop to get a bit more power:

Td04´s
Haltech standalone ECU
Greddy profec spec II boostcontroller
OSGiken clutch
EVO 4-6 racing Aluminum Radiator + race fans
Custom hardpipes around engine
Custom 3" stainless exhaust
Bigger IC
Blitz dumpvaulve
Custom plenum
Oilcooler

...Thats the biggest part of the mods happening right now.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Welcome to the site.

what can i say but...... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Awesome car, and i love that bonnet. Isnt it going to be hard to get those TD04's into the enginebay though?

also got any interior pics? looks like you got recaros too, very nice.

G

Unregistered
thanks! I think that bonnets called "monster style" they stopped making it a year or two ago from what I´ve heard. Got it the same time as I bought my CF trunk.

There´s not going to be a problem with the space for the TD04´s. The back manifold is turned up side down, so the turbo gets clear of everything. In the front we had to do a oilfilter relocation with some custom oilfittings to make it work, new downpipes, new radiator with the fans on the outside etc. The engine is now in the car, what remains is basically the pressurepipes and the big mapping.

Yepp, got recaro´s. Beacause it´s a "ralliart edition" it comes with darkgrey recaros, momo strearingwheel and black interior + some more small stuff. I havent got any really good pics of the interior(made a custom A-pillar gaugepod to):
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Pierre, that's one hot Gallant you got there! What sort of hp/quarter mile times are you looking at with the proposed setup?

To answer your Q above, Galants/Legnums were never sold new in Australia, they have recently been granted "grey import" approval meaning for the first time about 18 months ago we could import them second hand from Japan.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Welcome dude. Beautiful car.

Not to stereotype or anything but is sweden really like this?

Swedish%20Girls22919559-f899-42a7-a051-298f3dcfe77f.jpg

Also don't google image search Swedish girls with safe search turned off at work.. :S.... Ok don't google girls at all. D:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Pierre that has got to be one of the hottest VR4's I've ever seen - what a fantastic factory spec! And that bonnet's gorgeous - is that the same style as yours, Brad??

Welcome to the site btw, I'm sure you'll be bombarded with questions over the coming weeks ;)

PS that inverted exhaust manifold is a clever idea... How close will it get to the bonnet, though?

G

Unregistered
wow, thanks for all the answers and stuff.

Welcome Pierre, that's one hot Gallant you got there! What sort of hp/quarter mile times are you looking at with the proposed setup?

To answer your Q above, Galants/Legnums were never sold new in Australia, they have recently been granted "grey import" approval meaning for the first time about 18 months ago we could import them second hand from Japan.

I´m aiming at about 450hp, but I havent opened the engine yet, so pistons, rods and everything in there is factory. I guess that if I where to put the car on a dragstrip it would be spraying usefull engineparts under the car.
PS that inverted exhaust manifold is a clever idea... How close will it get to the bonnet, though?

The clearance is quite big actually. The higest point on the engine right now is the custom plenum.

Welcome dude. Beautiful car.

Not to stereotype or anything but is sweden really like this?
oh, where so tired of them, sould I send some over? haha ;)

Welcome mate - awesome car - I think I've seen you on youtube drag racing?

Yepp, that´s me. The car wasnt tuned yet on those vids though.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Trev - yes that is the same bonnet as me.

Now as for the car, you posted it up on Club VR-4 a while ago didn't you? Can't wait to see some dyno's with the TD04's

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Shit Brad, I think I agree now, that is freaken hot! Why don't you get yours painted so it actually looks good too??

Adrian

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 VR4 Legnum
Thats one mean looking galant!! cant wait to see what power that thing is making can you get some pics of the engine in the car??

btw welcome to the site

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Welcome!

Car looks really nice dude!

Good to see some more modded motors too!

enjoy your stay!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The curve on the bonnet really suits the front bumper on facelifts, evo style bonnets only work on prefacelifts!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Be interesting to see the finished product on mine. Not that I have a lot of choice - you can't get those bonnets here, and even if you could, my g/f wouldn't be impressed if I decided I wanted to upgrade before the new one's even finished!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
The curve on the bonnet really suits the front bumper on facelifts, evo style bonnets only work on prefacelifts!

that is why i'm gunning for that bumper :( I really wish someone here would make some.. *hint* *hint* to Freddy

G

Unregistered
Beautiful car man, some really nice mods too.

I will come to Sweden and take as many girls as I can if they really do look like that.

G

Unregistered
Trev - yes that is the same bonnet as me.

Now as for the car, you posted it up on Club VR-4 a while ago didn't you? Can't wait to see some dyno's with the TD04's

yes, posted it up a while ago on cvr4. I want to see the figures to on the rolling road. Just hoping that the rest of the engine, gearbox etc will hold up.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Pierre what are the cannards you've used on the corners of your front bumper?? They look fantastic!!

G

Unregistered
Uhm, their just some universal CF cornersplitters from a company called Realcar in Sweden. Dont know what brand or where they order those from. Their website seems to be down for maintanance right now. Thanks btw!

I havnt driven my car now in 8 months because of the tuningcompany. Their a teeny weeny bit SLOW!.....:banghead::mad:

Top Bottom