NSW 1999 mitsubishi galant vr4 twin turbo tappet and fuel issues

abz Baks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
abz
Drive
1999 mitsubishi galant vr4 twin turbo
hey guyz im abz and i just purchased a 1999 galant vr4 twin turbo 2.5L
its a very sexy and powerful car i love it but i am having issues and i was wondering if i can get your advice btw im new to this forum so please have patience

1) i have nosy tappets i know that i have to re do the oil and put caltex fully synthetic 5w-40w something like that and use the tappet free preservative aswell

2) i had my car for two weeks no or more and i am getting the worst fuel economy ever for example i feel a full tank and i barely get 250kms and i use bp ultimate. What do you guys recommend i change the oxygen sensor before the cat and change spark plugs cause car is running abit rich aswell.

if u can help me please will be great and thank you guys once

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Where in nsw are u located? I think another workshop day is required to meet some new member. Oh. And welcome. Don't let the teething issues phase u. If u can afford it, brand new lifters are about $230 and say goodbye to the lifter tick! Fuel economy could be a lot of things to simple boost leaks and spark plugs and coils. Maybe O2 sensor. Doubt it's cat but possible.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

abz Baks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
abz
Drive
hey mate im in sydney and where is the best place to get parts for the car is putting lifters in a easy job so me and my bro can do it and thats what my bro was saying its properly a boost cut o2 sensor and spark plug whats to best way to find out bout the boost cut

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
I'm located near Penrith. Always glad to help a member out. Boost cut as u say is at 14-15 psi, but is actually read off the afm. If u have leaks u may just be pushing the boost out and still getting the fuel delivery for the airflow read by the meter giving u the bad economy. Lifters are easy for the mechanically minded. Takes about 4-6 hrs

abz Baks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
abz
Drive
sorry bro what do you mean by the boost leak sorry and the fuel economy

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Boost leaks can be loose clamps, split rubber pipes, throttle shaft seal, injector seals, manifold gaskets, disconnected or perished vaccum lines and holes in intercooler. Any thing that's Inbetween the turbos and valves.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
where is the best place to get parts for the car

If you're asking questions like this in the very next post after your welcome template, then I'm afraid people are going to get tired of you very quickly. Sorry but whilst we are a very welcoming and friendly bunch on this forum, we're not going to sit around spoon feeding people.

Seriously, please read the threads in the welcome template before asking any more questions.

abz Baks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
abz
Drive
yeah i know i heard some slight air escaping i gotta do more taste thank u

Top Bottom