91 octane or 95 octane

G

Unregistered
are there someone know that which type of petrol help 1997 Legnum vr4 runs better ? 91 or 95? thx

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
you should run 98 in them, and if you can't find 98 then use 95 sparingly.

NEVER use 91

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Um.. 98?

95 will run fine, but you will notice a significant difference using 98ron in economy and power.

G

Unregistered
Cars from Japan run on 101ron fuel so the closer to that u can get the more efficient your car should run.
I would only run 98 if u have the choice.

G

Unregistered
i am in nz...
so just 91 or 95 , thx for reply me !! thanks!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
there are bp's and mobil stations with 98 all over the place in the north island, where are you located?

G

Unregistered
i am in nelson...
there is only 95octane on sale

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I wouldn't be happy using 95 without a quality octane booster like STP or Valvoline. Just MO

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yep I agree with everyone else. 98 OCT ...

I was getting engine knocking with 95 .. hence why I'm now retiring the Legnum from daily use !

G

Unregistered
ditto 98 oct if its less you will need octane booster of some sort

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
i run 95 in mine wtih no real prob for the weekly work and home drive. little less economical but meah, im stuck in traffic the whole way so yea.

if im going some distance i run 98

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
my car would always stall using 91 so i never use that now but 95 oct is fine never had a problem and the car never heard any knocks or anything bad coming from the engine bay at all. mind you i have never had most of the problems i have heard people talking of and yet my car has done more then most of you.

G

Unregistered
On 95, my car ran like a slug. Will NEVER put less than 98 in it again.

Leigh

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I've used 95 a couple of times when 98 wasnt available (in the country etc) and had no issues.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I went on a 300k+ country run yesterday but before I left town I grabbed a bottle of octane booster incase I needed to fuel up with 95, I think it will live in the boot for such an occasion.
I really wanna try some toluline soon :)

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
On 95, my car ran like a slug. Will NEVER put less than 98 in it again.

Leigh

Leigh,

I had to use 95 the other day from 711 out of no choice and my car went great on it. but again, i will always use 98 just to be on the safe side, but i was suprised. mayb shell provide 7/11 premium with v-power?? instead of premium 95?

cheers,
brent

Top Bottom