__ET__ in Canberra Pics and story

G

Unregistered
Well went for a drive west of Canberra looking for the mineshaft rally stage, must say the dirt roads out there are just so smooth! Drove like a grandma on them though as there is no room for error if you were to push it a bit.

Had a quick go at some circle work but its only short as I didn't want to push the power steering and AYC system.

Also got to see what it look like from the air after hiring a cessna and going for a fly with a guy at work who has his pilot's licence.

There were some road works in the middle of nowhere, the road was all hard gravel ready for the new road surface to be layed for a 1km or so with noone or equipment around at the time.

Its safe to say I nearly SHAT MYSELF the car stepped out a little in the way there at the last bend...
On the way back I picked up speed a bit for the now first bend umm somewhere around 80+ slight bend and the car got sideways, it was like slow motion I was just holding the front wheels at an angle to keep it pointing straight and the car just held this slide for about 6 seconds then the road straightened out and so did I thank god. Yea I slowed down after that.

Anyway here are some pics that turned out good.

DSC_0109-1.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

And a quick video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ-oMc4lHMI

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Geez, you need a navigator... You clearly had no idea where you were going in that video :D

Nice pics too!

Harves

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rob
Drive
Formally a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSR until someone smashed it.
I have lived here for about six years and still haven't been out to the mineshaft yet. VR4 looks at home out there :-P

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Emmanuel,

Love that last few frames of the video where you come out of the dust... And that first photo ....Trei Brill.

Top Bottom