Addzest/Clarion navigation

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
anyone know if Clarion in Australia do a navigation system for their headunits? They have a few double din head units in Japan that run satnav, just can't seem to find anything in Aus...

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
they had the hardware for it here in aus, but had problems with getting the software

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
anyone know if Clarion in Australia do a navigation system for their headunits? They have a few double din head units in Japan that run satnav, just can't seem to find anything in Aus...

I am looking for the same thing: My chaser has an Addzest nav/dvd head unit that is a couple of years old.

I was told by someone apparently in the know that Mitsubishi cars with Nav from the last few years use clarion -based head units...??

I assume you guys would know about that, if it's true... He said my only option was to buy the software from Mitsu for around $400, and see if it works. It's too much money for me to risk on a 'maybe'....

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
sounds like something I said in another forum. I took a few risks like this with the skylines I work on.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
so what you're saying is that I need to stalk someone that has sat nav in their new mitsu so that I can pollitely ask them to borrow the CD

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I may well have just found the solution.....it appears that Denso may be responsible for the sat nav development in the Clarion units, as with many OEM systems used here. Therefore the following disc has a high probability of working.....There are some V10's on ebay for much cheaper so I might just grab one of them first to ensure that it does the job.

http://poweredby.whereis.com/shop/ItemDetails.aspx?ShopItemID=21&PageID=376

NickTee

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
dirty silvia
Have you tried finding a torrent and burning it to a cd

NickTee

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
dirty silvia
Does anyone know a site that has translated buttons etc on some of these units? My car came with a clarion / addzest screen, dvd/nav and while I can use the basic cd playing for music, I can't for the life of me work out how to change EQ settings etc.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Tried an australia Denso sat nav disc in the Addzest unit today. Didn't work :( the system boots up off a rom into a Road Explorer interface, which is when it then accesses the disc, but The Road Explorer discs are Japan based. I was hoping it booted directly off the disc in which case the Aussie one would've worked.

Top Bottom