All Japan Day Melbourne - springtime?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Hi fellas,

According to the Chef, AJD Melbourne will be around springtime. So I figure let's get in early and plan a workshop day or three, so we can pitch in and make sure all our cars are cleaned/maintained/modded enough before the big day. I have access to a 500 sq meter factory we can use, already kitted out with tools and our resident mechanic, who i'll rope into coming along and providing assistance.

Who's keen?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I wandered down to my first AJD this year in Adelaide and nobody will regret being involved! The best car show going around in my opinion. No wank or brand promo displays just awesome cars that people want to show to other car lovers!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Sounds good Smitty, ill be in for sure.

Need dates though I work shift so I need notice.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Of course, that's the point of this, to nut out when/where etc:)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Loki's gonna need a fair bit of work. Add a lot more hours to get the engine bay cleaned!

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Post a list of what needs to be done!

Snowy (the work mechanic) is ready and waiting for whenever we want to do this, if he's required.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Work needed on Loki

-Respray the paint on my side mirrors (really bad condition... down to the plastic in some areas but has been like that since Day 1).
-Lower Control Arms (after reading naughtika (Chris') thread *shudders*)
-Mounting the Fujitsubo Exhaust (priority since this is the second-most visual)
-Find out why my average fuel consumption is 14.2km/l (most likely heavy foot ALL THE TIME), and 12.5 on the freeway.
-Clean my engine bay (you can see the small polished patches where I started... then went "fuck it"), although after four years you know how it looks like now.

Will edit this as more comes to mind.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
I need:

-LCAs (ones brand new, one isn't, and I think it's starting to die)
-Respray bumper and roof. I have a mate in the trade, so maybe Gav and I can work something out with him.
-Get some low.
-Get some tires so I can:
-Fit my GTC-01s
-And then fit the brembos finally.
-Align the exhaust properly so its centered(currently being held off the bumper with steel fixing wire. Concreter fix ftw!)
-Replace my rainbow of silicone joiners with a uniform colour.
-Purchase and fit roof spoiler and boot lip.
-Would like to replace lifters, was copping shit yesterday for my 'diesel' engine.

More to come!

Gav I'd be happy to help you swap your exhaust, I'm getting pro and swapping exhausts over (I'm on my fourth one so far)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I need:

- Rocker cover gaskets, spark plugs + seals, and injector seals replaced
- Lifters replaced
- LCAs replaced
- Left rear rim blasted and re-powdercoated.

I am actually planning on doing the gaskets and seals and lifters myself. God help me.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Thanks smitty! More than happy to share in the tinkering :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
In terms of dates, we're shuffling things around a bit now that we had to postpone Sydney, but we're still gunning for late spring. As for venues, Albert Park is the most likely at the moment. More details later on.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I need a bunch of stuff, but most of it (piping, exhaust etc) will be custom fitted to the car so not really "workshop day" material. I'm super keen to try and have both cars at the show though.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
In terms of dates, we're shuffling things around a bit now that we had to postpone Sydney, but we're still gunning for late spring. As for venues, Albert Park is the most likely at the moment. More details later on.

Can you arrange for OzVr4 to do some tuff laps around the lake?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Any updates? I plan to have at least 2 cars there, a mate finished his '77 Corona last night and plans to have it there (possibly along with his Ceffy), another mate's trying to get his Silvia done, and I can probably organise at least 2 more.

Keen.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hmmm we gotta get Sydney sorted first seeing as we had to cancel it...my offsider is back on deck next week (been overseas for 2 months) so we shall discuss it further when he returns.

Top Bottom