ALS/Misfiring system

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
ok, im not entirely sure about this but didn't some of the earlier EVO models come with the capability of having a anti-lag system or misfiring system set up on them, i was just curious if anyone knew anything about these systems and possibly thought of fitting it to a vr4???

afaik the basic principle is putting more air into the turbo manifold to ignite any unburnt fuel still in exhaust n creating more pressure to spin the turbo faster or reduce the turbo lag, im guessing set up right it could work sort of like a supercharger meaning boost even on idle....but afaik it's not that reliable and does anyone have any first hand experience with these type of systems???

G

Unregistered
anti lag is not good for the heath of your turbo's
is pointless if you have a standard clutch as it does not like launching,

lots of companys make AL or misfire gizzmos....

bee*r would be the first that pops into my mind.....
CLICK ME $280au delivered

and its not like we have lots of lag anyway,
bigger down pipes, freer exhaust/ better intake.

i can get full boost by 2800-3000rpm (14psi)

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
i did some more reading and thinking about it, a nitrous system would do a better job because it cools and creates more power or could have a similar effect to this system so it kinda avoids a lot of wear and tear in comparison........ but it is good to know there are AL systems for sale, lol

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
we don't have lag, we have the smallest turbos known to man!

Honestly there are better things to spend money on

G

Unregistered
apparently some of the older Evo's did have some form of antilag that was not wired or something simular from memory. But as Brad said, why would u want it on the VR4 ?

Missfiring system ... hahaha, u watch too much initial D, thats the only place i have heard it called that and the term Lan Evos.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
yes i do watch too much initial D n while there is probably little to no lag in a vr4 it would be kinda cool to have boost on idle, lol

scientist

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Edmund Robinson
Drive
1989 Galant VR4
apparently some of the older Evo's did have some form of antilag that was not wired or something simular from memory. But as Brad said, why would u want it on the VR4 ?

Missfiring system ... hahaha, u watch too much initial D, thats the only place i have heard it called that and the term Lan Evos.
My 88 E39A doesn't have ALS, and the RS version didn't either

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
well, it was never operational from the factory but on some older evo's the equipment was there, some work would have to be done in order to have it running but in doing so it would be at your own risk

G

Unregistered
all that was needed for the eariler 6g's was a chipped ecu with lauch contrll enabled.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
I think that it was around the EVO 5-6 is where it started from the factory but needed changes in the ECU to take effect.

I have launch control (or stutterbox) in my '92 Galant VR4 where you floor the throttle and it maxes out at 5000rpm and builds boost on the line, i can get around 7psi popping out the exhaust.

Scott

tallest28

Idling at the Lights
First Name
leivon
Drive
galant vr4
Good day guys
as our turbos are small and hold more low end torque, as an alternative to bigger turbos
can wet nitrous be a good choice to help for top end power?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Im not sure if anyone's ever use Nitrous in our car. Feel free to be the first one :)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
In the early days, NO2 was the only reliable bolt-on way of blowing up a VR-4 engine. Probably still is. Number of failures vs installs is pretty grim...
The 6a13 engine isn't built for high revs. The valve springs are soft and the conrods are not build for high RPM.

That's not to say you can't do it, but risk for reward, its not economical.

If you think you need more torque, go with E85.

After that, you are forging the engine and doing other stuff.

Top Bottom