Andrew from Sydney

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Hi Guys/girls,

Put down a deposit on a 1997 Legnum pearl white hopefully will be picking it up this week if everything goes to plan.

I have been driving a mazda 3 for the last 6 years which has been a nice car if a little on the boring side.

Before that I was into rotaries had a few 1st gen Rx7's with 13b turbos as well as my first car a 1989 camry with an Mr2 engine.

Looking forward to getting to some meets and chatting with you all.

1_600.jpg

8_600.jpg

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Looks neat. Not to many of early pfl's in pearl. Such a nice color (I'm biast)

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Looks neat. Not to many of early pfl's in pearl. Such a nice color (I'm biast)

Yeah i agree when I was looking at these pics I was a bit meh about white but in the flesh the pearl really shows and looks great

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
White paint, wheels and clear indicators make the car look really clean.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Welcome mate, loving the white on white, especially the TE37's

az1310

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4
welcome! u should get the front windows tinted from the dealer if you can.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Front windows are tinted just less than the rear windows doesnt really show up in the photos.

Darker would be nice but it was kinda that semi mirror like finish which made it hard to look into the car from outside so should be ok.

I love the white on white .. going to have to be washing those wheels a lot to keep em looking good.

Will probably end up with some 18's for daily use and fit those 17's with some race rubber for track days but not for a while yet lots of other things to do first.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Hey mate, as I said in the PM, awesome looking car.. those rim slook sweet and i'm jealous of your sunroof!

I thought the same about white when I got my last car and ended up loving it once I saw it in person.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Hey Andrew, nice looking ride...did u get it from edward lee??

Yes it is unfortunately I didn't know about his bad rep I had 2 mates get cars from there with no issues and this one seems to be good so hopefully no issues.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Hah yeah after I already committed to buying I read up alot of bad stories.. ultimately they can't be -that- bad and still in business after 30 years, plus, buying from caryards.. well.. they are all high pressure salesmen. but it's certainly easier/safer than importing directly as the car is already registered once you take possession. and there are always bad stories no matter who you talk to.

my experience has been mostly good, nothing worth getting overly upset about but I think in the interest of covering their asses they did lie about one thing (they installed the wrong model immobiliser to the one i wanted, citing the central locking being broken so they had to install one that supported central locking, i only wanted a transponder immobiliser.. but they never mentioned that right up until it was already installed and they had driven it around and i even had it inspected and was never mentioned).. but you get that.

ultimately i'm happy with my experience so far hopefully it's good when it arrives next week, im sure yours will work out as well :)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Will probably end up with some 18's for daily use and fit those 17's with some race rubber for track days but not for a while yet lots of other things to do first.

I like you already.

Welcome to the club!

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Yeah they still havent replied to my original email about looking at the 2001 manual leggy so they probably wont even notice lol.

Car is an auto was kinda wanting a manual but not minding the auto for the drive into the city for work.

Does seem like one of nicer auto's ive ever driven and I figure if it ever dies I do a manual swap instead of a rebuild.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Got my finance all approved and the car is currently getting blueslip done so hopefully it will all be come together for pickup tomorrow.

Woo woo now just gotta wait for pay day so I can take it for a decent drive bring on tuesday for an Old pac run.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
well i could remember my excitment when i was going to take possession of my leggy..i'm sure you'll love it!!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Welcome mate. Good to see ANOTHER NSW member :D

Spunky little ride you got too. I dealt with Edward Lee's once. I don't think I would buy from them again, but I didn't have tooooooo many issues with them. I did have to blue with them to get what I wanted though :D

Top Bottom