Another Cruise control question

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, I really miss cruise control so has anyone seriously looked into whether or not a system off a late model Magna will fit our cars???

Gary

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
King_Panther Had cruise on the Grandpa I think it was just a regular aftermarket system

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I don't know about the Magna system, but why would you bother when you can get an aftermarket one that will definitely work and well. I installed the command cruise control AP500 in my car but with a little key pad you can glue to your dash(or screw it down if you really want) Its fairly easy to do really. However the unit is a little pricey. I picked mine up for around $600 but i think they are normally around $700. Autobarn stocks them.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks guys, the reason I ask is I have access to one for free if I want it. I just wanted to know if it would be to hard to install.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks K.P. but it is the $ value that has me interested. I have got a quote for a system very similar to yours for around the $800 mark.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Thanks K.P. but it is the $ value that has me interested. I have got a quote for a system very similar to yours for around the $800 mark.

No worries man. Here's a vid of mine in action if you're curious (ignore my husky voice lol)

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks K.P. saw that when you first installed it.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I just had an auscruise ac4400 fitted to mine, full electric like the command system, but local company. It did work great for a week, but it looks like the actuator has died. Getting fixed by manufacturer now. Was supplied and fitted by autobarn for $680.
Steer clear of vacuum systems!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I just had an auscruise ac4400 fitted to mine, full electric like the command system, but local company. It did work great for a week, but it looks like the actuator has died. Getting fixed by manufacturer now. Was supplied and fitted by autobarn for $680.
Steer clear of vacuum systems!

Whoa jeez ! My one worked fine the whole time I had it. Only thing I noticed was that the range for the wireless controller wasn't great. Turn the wheel 180 (meaning the controller was on the opposite side) & the buttons wouldn't work!

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
Aesthetically do they look OK, or like a big blob afterthought?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
The small key pad i have looks fine to me, Its not a big unit, Ill take a few pics on the weekend and post them up.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
The small key pad i have looks fine to me, Its not a big unit, Ill take a few pics on the weekend and post them up.

Sounds like we installed the same system dude.

The controller was mounted in my steering wheel too. Not in the way at all.
Worked great.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Its the same system but i have a little key pad that mounts on your dash instead of your steering wheel. This system comes with 4 options for controle pads, one for your shifter, one for your steering wheel, a stalk type(like your indicators) and finally a key pad.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
I went to autobahn.

The bloke hadn;t heard of auscruise, and quoted me $900 for a command unit

Top Bottom