Any fisho's on the forum.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Thought id see if there are any people on the forums that are into their fishing, every chance i get i love to go fishing, unfortunately that's not enough in my books. Mainly into finesse fishing, bream and such, but love all fishing alike.

I have a little collection of rods;

Strudwick Sic Stik 1-3kg spin with a Daiwa Legalis 2000 (bream, flathead and other inshore fish, soft plastics small hard bodies and poppers).

Strudwick TPS 3-7kg overhead with a Shimano Curado 50e, for bass and trout, and whatever else really, even caught some snapper and nanygai on it.

then some other rods/reels for heavier stuff for when i on the odd occasion hit some kingies etc.

Cheers Mark.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
ME ME PICK ME!
Love my fishing but like you don't get to do it as much as I like.

Can't remember all my gear but of the top of my head:

Big reel: Mint condition Abu 7000 overhead (when they were made in Sweden). Carbon fibre washers, braid line. Bought off eBay, it had only been used once!
Medium reel: Abu 6500 overhead (again Swedish made, bought when I was 15!). Carbon fibre washers, braid line.
Small reel: Shimano Stradic 2500FI egg beater with carbon fibre washers and braid line.

Big rod: Wilson 10ft graphite composite 2pc
Medium rod: Ugly Stick 8ft fibreglass 1pc
Light rod: Shimano Starlo Classix 702 Squidgy Spin 7" 2pc 2-5kg

Mostly Salmon fishing from the beach. Love targeting bream, KG and flathead on the light gear but not a lot of places near home :-(

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
yeah i got a abu garcia 5600 overhead collecting dust too :p.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Ive got an alvey 6500 on an ugly stick 6-12 lb as my main rod for when i fish snapper and other stuff with a mate out deep.
Then ive got my weapon a Shimano Thunnus 4000 on a samaki zing 8-15 lb rod for fishing soft plastics.
For beach and rock fishing ive got a Shimano 4000 baitrunner on a Jarvis walker royal gold 5-10kg 2.40m rod.
And for smaller soft plastics ive got a Shimano 2500 baitrunner on a Catana 702 2-4 kg rod and for even smaller stuff and travelling ive got a okuma 20 trio on a matching x factor 1-3kg okuma rod, that i got free with a magazine subscription. I havent been fishing much lately coz i havent got a car yet but i will be going very soon.

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
I haven't been fishing in ages, am looking to try and get some done in the next few weeks now that my Dad is on holiday. I've also wanted to go beach fishing somewhere out of Perth for quite a while. Does anyone know some good spots?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Just went bass fishing a couple days ago with my brother in northern NSW and bagged this beauty! Never fished for bass before, awesome fish!
Caught on the Shimano Stradic/Starlo combo, 10lb braid and a Nippy Nymph lure.
20120924_172234.jpg

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
depends on how far out of perth the whole western side of australia is amazing fishing compared to east coast, obviously the further you can get from perth itself the better it gets, if you can find any reefs they are the go for awesome fishing, also weed bed edges etc.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
nice bass, yeah i haven't done much bass fishing generally ill try more for trout :p.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Anyone tried the Samaki Skitch rods? I am looking at getting the 7" 2pc 4-8lb rod and a Shimano Sienna 2500FD for my brother. The Samaki rods seem to get rave reviews but I have neer tried one.
He mainly uses lures for flathead, bream & bass from a boat or rocks.

brackenridgevr4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
luke
Drive
pfl vr4 legnum evo8
hey im keen if any one comes up brisbane way do a bit of jet ski fishing out in moreton bay

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
I haven't been fishing in ages, am looking to try and get some done in the next few weeks now that my Dad is on holiday. I've also wanted to go beach fishing somewhere out of Perth for quite a while. Does anyone know some good spots?

I've heard busstleton off the jetty is great fishing.. i've gone all over bunbury and found a couple ok spots.. depends how far outa perth your looking at going, about 2 hours to bunbury/busso.

CUMSTI

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Legnum Wagon
Love fishing the northern beachs (my 13ft / alvey combo got lost or stolen so im using a kmart cheapy). I also enjoy a long term black fishing rivaly with my best mate blackfishing akuna bay. i usually smash him because he just strike like me. A true samurai ninja on the strike. I think we bag 20 within an hour at our spot in akuna bay. Mc Carrs creek road. Every legnum driver needs to experience.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Heading down the Salt Creek for Mulloway and Shark tonight! Gonna be a great guys weekend. 5 guys, 3 4WDs, the dog with nothing to do but relax and wait for the reel to start screaming!

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
went fishing in feb 2012 around 10ks south of lowd howe island on jacks boat and scored some big kingys and this monster grouper thing that the guy coundnt reel in which then i had to do . 6 foot long and eyes bulging and as round as beer keg. they just puncture it and the the sea gets it.[cant eat protected fish] This year i went out to balls pyramid 25ks off lord howe and it is fucking awesome fishing. we got like kingys gts trevalley some good tuna and bluefish that really are amazing blue- great place but expensive just like legnums.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Yeah you always see the fishing shows they are always heading out there for the great fishing.
I can't wait for a fish, unfortunately i had no opportunities, hopefully get some winter fishing in.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Finally went for a fish, went down to st georges basin down near jervis bay, one of my favourite area's, unfortunately the weather did not really wanna play nice ( too damn windy! ), so was unable to really get much done, but will be out again soon, only damn thing i caught was a pesky puffer fish haha, so better luck next time, gonna keep an eye on the weather and try and find a good weathered weekend.

Cheers Mark.

tidy legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Duane
Drive
mitsubishi legnum , mitsubishi magna
Theres a spot on the bluff at Victor Harbor where the fishing is hot. You put your line in, count to three and you've either caught something or your bait has been ripped off. It's a bit of a hike to get there and you're guaranteed to get wet from the waves but its worth it. Just remember to be sun smart, I've got scarring on my feet from exposure.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
South Australia's fishing is far better than the East coast, ive had many areas like what you mentioned on kangaroo Island, coffin bay, and through to streaky Bay and onwards all amazing fishing.

Cheers Mark.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Theres a spot on the bluff at Victor Harbor where the fishing is hot. You put your line in, count to three and you've either caught something or your bait has been ripped off. It's a bit of a hike to get there and you're guaranteed to get wet from the waves but its worth it. Just remember to be sun smart, I've got scarring on my feet from exposure.

Nice, I haven't tried much around there as I thought it would be pretty dead. Most times I have tried around Victor it's been pretty dull. I fish Waitpinga a bit and generally successful there.

Anyone know of a decent spot for flathead? Either land based or spearing? I know of some great spots on the Eyre peninsula, but that's a bit far away for a weekend.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
And my latest addition to the fishing equipment... love it and got a few decent fish so far along with a head of big squid. Just constantly worried about sharks, but hey I surf as well and am still alive!
All hand made (apart from the stainless trigger mechanism). Poured the graphite track and added a shark prod at the end in case one turns up when I have already shot the spear! :p

313940_258204177628794_1804773950_n.jpg

Top Bottom