Any plans?

G

Unregistered
WOOHOO! FIRST POST!

If anyone is interested in catching up or planning trips up to Goulburn or anything give us a heads up. While I have a couple of little things I want to fix before hitting a track, I'd be interested in a cruise or thing of that nature which aren't stressful on the car.

Is it just me or is the Uriarra development a total pain the bum? My favourite road in the whole ACT (between cotter road and where that development is) is now flooding by idiot sunday drivers in volvo's and sun hats.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
hey connor,

i will be up your way for work over the oz long weekend. got to be in canberra for those days. goulbourn is always the perfect stop for subway!!

hey, nice choice aswell, i got black 97 leggy!!

Daniel

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hey Connor and Daniel,

If your going to be in my neck of the woods let me know, I might be available to do a lil cruize

G

Unregistered
I should be in town both Australia Day long weekend and New Years/Summernats weekend if anyone's visiting :)

Usually once a month for no reason other than a drive I normally do a Coppins/Uriarra/Cotter/Tharwa drive. Last summer I drove through Brindabella and eventually to Tumut in my Leggie - handled the roads well, except I've had a vibration in the dash ever since :(

Queanbeyan/Bungendore/Goulburn is also a nice drive, go past Wakefield on the way too.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
My o my Dawso, I'd heard your a bit of a boxer...... like to be punched round the ring.....

soz, dipping estrogen level makes me a lil katty.

psst ;-) :) ;-)

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
Hey Connor and Daniel,

If your going to be in my neck of the woods let me know, I might be available to do a lil cruize

for sure, goulburn subway is a compulsory stop!!

if i knew you were out there kat i would have caught up with you. we then headed throught to kangaroo valley, would have been a nice cruise. never mind. plenty more to come.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yea Daniel,

My favourite piece of bitumen, Fitzroy Falls to Nowra round about, with a mandatory stop at pub and pie shop in Kangaroo Valley. My calander is a lil full till the new year, but definitely up for a cruise then. Let us know when your going next and maybe Connor can join the convoy.....

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
ok, my canberra trip on OZ W/E is locked in. just need to confirm actual travel days/times. will keep you all up to date. this is as well as the southern highlands cruise. don't know how much time i will have depending on work commitments. i am actually hoping work will fall through then it will all be social:bigsmile:

TBA

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
cool, if times align (completely flexible) maybe do lunch in belmore park (in middle of main street) and a mini meet photo shoot.

let us know, we don't plan on going anywhere over long weekend

G

Unregistered
I'll be in town on Australia Day weekend :) Keep us in the loop!

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
So now that i am no longer required for work on the OZ weekend it will be all play time:bigsmile:, but this does mean a shorter trip due to the fact that i will have to actually pay for it myself:( so i will keep you all up todate with the plans as i work them out. just got to book some accom and for hoow long and what nights is the question.

G

Unregistered
Even if it's only a day or a few hours mate, I'll show you some roads around here that you'll be thinking "shiiiiit, gotta go on those with no one around" :)

Oh, and they're very scenic too :)

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
cool, thanks conner

i do know cotter, urriara crossing, duffy, mt stromlo area if that is where you are thinking?? there will be a lot of mountain bikers in that area over the weekend, they have their national champs on at mt stromlo. might be a bit busy...

G

Unregistered
Pfft, mountain bikers and rally cars haven't stopped me before :) Cotter to Uriarra is the best, Black Mountain is fun, Corin Damn is awesome, Honeysuckle Creek is a bit longer but still fun.

Honeysuckle Creek is where the first images from the moon were received, even though "The Dish" claims it was Parkes. Ask the engineers at the tracking station here and they get REAL pissed at you! Apparently it was something like this - the images were received here, relayed to Parkes then transmitted to the states or something, hence Parkes being claimed as the dish that received it all.

I dunno, you can ask one of the engineers if you like, we'll be out that way any way.