Wanted QLD AYC DIFF

ayreds

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
legnum vr4
Im chasing an ayc rear diff for my legnum because the one i got didn't fit. Apparently they're not all interchangeable.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Just for others to know and hopefully help you out .

What year model is your Legnum ? Series 1 or 2 ? Incase someone finds one and lets you know.

Also just out of curiosity from what car and year did you buy the other diff from ?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Eh?? Evo 5-9 all fit. Even the Evo X fits if you put the effort in. What did you buy?

ayreds

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
legnum vr4
mine is a 98 fl Legnum. ayc diff came out of a 97 Galant, and i think it was a manual cause its smaller than my legnum diff and bolts to the drive shaft with 6 bolts and mine only needs 4.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I think you can salvage the flange from your old diff, pretty sure I read that the people who do S-AYC conversions need to do that to make them fit, I don't think its hard.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
mine is a 98 fl Legnum. ayc diff came out of a 97 Galant, and i think it was a manual cause its smaller than my legnum diff and bolts to the drive shaft with 6 bolts and mine only needs 4.

I always thought all the VR-4 AYC diffs were identical. @TME_Steve can you clarify what the situation is with these?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes you have an evo ayc diff. 2 holes not required. Just rotate it around until 4 match up.

ayreds

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
legnum vr4
Tr
Yes you have an evo ayc diff. 2 holes not required. Just rotate it around until 4 match up.

Tried that no combination of the 6 holes on the diff line up with the 4 holes on the drive shaft.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Sounds weird. You sure it's an ayc diff? Does it have 2 fill plugs and 2 drain plugs plus the hydraulic line connections and bleed nipples etc?

ayreds

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
legnum vr4
Absolutely sure. And old mate had it in his galant. Whoever put it there must of made some slight modifications.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Yeah if its ayc it will fit. Not all galants had ayc....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
im curious to know if which model this diff came out of...

can you see any indication of what model or part number its got?

can you show us any numbers stamped or cast on it?

ayreds

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
legnum vr4
I was told it came out of a '97 Galant. I can look for numbers when I go back home next week.

Top Bottom