bdscott aka Ben // Melbourne - VIC

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
Hey guys. Thought I would introduce myself and say hi. I don't have a VR4 yet but hopefully that will change soon. At the moment I drive a custom turbo Mazda MX5 which I have poured everything into for the last 2 1/2 years. I was intending on keeping it for a long time as it really is a fantastic car but then my wife tells me she is pregnant. Can't afford to keep this and get another car and I have been thinking that fast station wagons have been cool for a while. Personally I can't wait to blow of a V8 in a station wagon:).

I thought I originally wanted a Black FL Manual Legnum with hopefully the recaros inside but the more I read the more my mind keeps changing. I still want Black preferably but I could be persuaded into the other colours especially White. And now I can't decide if I want the relaxed nature of Auto or the fine control of Manual and I am just as torn up over the interior as I have been eying up the leather. The only thing I am really set on I guess is that it must have the moonroof as I couldn't cope otherwise coming from a convertible.

This is in the future though as I still have to sell my car first which hopefully wont take too long. I'm enclosing some pics of my current ride and if anyone knows someone who may be interested in taking this off my hands so I can get into a Legnum sooner let me know. It's also in this months issue of Hot4's which I only just found out yesterday although it has changed alot since then.

Ben

P.S I'm also interested in maybe coming out to the Vic Carwash meetups to meet a few of you guys and see what the VR4 is really about. I haven't even sat in one yet but I am pretty sure this is the car I want, must find some dealers around here with one I can test drive.
24328670041_large.jpg

24328670042_large.jpg

24328670044_large.jpg

24328670043_large.jpg

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Welcome to the group Ben,
congrats on your impending fatherhood.

A VR4 wont disappoint....

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
hey mate and welcome to the site,thats one tough mx5,i like it a lot

is that a decal on the bonnet or is it airbrushed?

and what price were you looking at?

james

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Mmmmmm, turbo MX5!:drool: Congrats mate on ur expectant wifey! Best of luck finding a black wagon. You'll love em! Welcome to the site too.

Josh:)

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hey welcome to the site. One of the reasons we got our Legnum was because of my wife being pregnant and we wanted more room for the family. Any excuse to get into a Legnum (or Galant) vr4 will do I think, I'm sure most around here will agree.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Black ones are hard to find, especially with your other requirements. Just bear in mind that the leather is very slippery and imho is not a good idea for a VR-4 which is capable of taking corners very quickly.

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Welcome mate! Hopefully soon to be another black legnum owner ;)

Nice work on the MX-5; alot of hours spent there, nice choice of engine also ;)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome Ben.

If you come to a wash meet I'll let you drive my Legnum if you let me drive your MX-5 :D

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Legnum = Parent!

Guess we need to arrange a wash meet then... I'll do it tomorrow, but somewhere different, I'm over Blackburn.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow, turbo MX5.. That would be alot of fun to drive haha

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
Thanks very much for the warm welcome guys. I'm a bit of a regular on the MX5 forums so I'm guessing I will be here as well :bigsmile:. Hopefully I might be able to bring a little bit of experience to the table occasionally. Now for the questions.

is that a decal on the bonnet or is it airbrushed?

and what price were you looking at?

It is a decal and easily removable. I used to have white stripes at one stage which were cool. I have it listed at 15k at the moment but I am fairly negotiable as it is early days. Looking at getting it fully legalised as well at the moment.

Post up a FS thread with all the details yeah?

Yeah I might just do that as I guess the more places I have it the better. The sooner I sell it the sooner I can start my next adventure :bigsmile:

Just bear in mind that the leather is very slippery and imho is not a good idea for a VR-4 which is capable of taking corners very quickly.

Yeah I know leather is fairly slippery but it is classy and I'm hoping I might take it a little easier in the Legnum. Brisk mountain driving and traffic light showdowns in a relaxed nature might be the call of the day rather than trying to tear the tarmac off the road. Actually I am very torn between the interiors as I'm not sure how hard the modding bug will bite in the future and I wouldn't want to wreck the leather interior by wanting to put in aftermarket seats and gauges
If you come to a wash meet I'll let you drive my Legnum if you let me drive your MX-5

Lol sounds like a fair deal. In fact anyone that comes is welcome to take it for a spin but they may be dissapointed with the power output after the VR4:bigsmile:

Wow, turbo MX5.. That would be alot of fun to drive haha

Hehe you have no idea. Alot of people class them as hairdresser cars but they aren't. It is a pure unaldulterated full on sports car with handling and control that is out of this world

Again thanks for the welcome guys. This seems like a great new place to call home :bigsmile:

Ben

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
wish i could test drive it,i kinda want to get into something sporty and small,but at the same time i know ill miss the legnum.
what is it power output,have u dynoed it?

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
wish i could test drive it,i kinda want to get into something sporty and small,but at the same time i know ill miss the legnum.
what is it power output,have u dynoed it?

On the Avo dyno it pulled 110rwkw but that was before the exhaust which it hasn't been tuned for yet. This engine will comfortably make 150rwkw quite reliably all day long on stock internals. Just needs more boost, injectors, fuel pump and computer and it only weighs 950kg

Ben

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
well my car has 148kw atws and it feels like it flies,that thing would drift all over the shot,lol.sounds like so much fun,thats why im thinking of getting into a datsun 1600

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Well, based on the MX-5 dyno figure given and the average VR-4 output

MX-5: 950kg / 110kw = 8.64kg/kw
VR-4: 1600kg / 150kw = 10.67kg/kw

For some reason I don't think the MX-5 will feel slow... :D

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I saw a video of a MX5 drifting around a car park.. looked effortless haha.. a turbo one would just rip it!

Top Bottom