Best Motoring - Legnum vs Legacy

G

Unregistered
yup, one very nice ride he has too!
something happend, he lost his license and started modding his car.

G

Unregistered
hi guys, i'm new here - a prospective future vr4 buyer. i cant view these best motoring vids but am very interested to know what lap times they managed to get at tsukuba for the legnum and legacy..

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Paul, just downloaded and watched the video.. was it only meant to be 5mins long or was it cut off?

Because it stops at the track around the first corner :(

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Here is a link to the entire clip, if you can see it

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=fmAoCBQsnoc

I recently found an old high school friend on facebook who now lives in Japan. He translated some of the video for me:

"VR-4 smoke during the race was caused by too much oil in the engine. G forces caused oil to spill out of the breather hoses, which then spilled onto the hot engine. Before the race at Tsukuba, VR4 driver comments that the Legacy is lighter, and has better tires."

VR-4-PLAY

Crunching Gears
First Name
Dave
Drive
'02 Legnum Type V
and for the times:

Time Attack
Legacy - 1:14:16
Legnum - 1:14:50

Best Lap
Legacy - 1:14:18
Legnum - 1:14:28

worth noting these times were in the wet too.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Paul, just downloaded and watched the video.. was it only meant to be 5mins long or was it cut off?

Because it stops at the track around the first corner :(

Weird...maybe photobucket has a time limit :(

Will have to upload it to youtube then.

It's also worth noting with that video that the Legacy has Bilstein suspension, whereas the PFL VR4 has the stock shocks.

G

Unregistered
thankyou so much for the full youtube link guys! i was really interested inseeing how the legnum performed. legacy and legnum semed very evenly matched, not much in it..
1:14's arent too shabby for a wet tsukuba circuit..i found another best motoring vid including another Legacy GTB and Stagea 260RS (Caldina too), dry track this time.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=o6b-BrWjEYw

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=S2sE2GPOVyg&feature=related

both the GTB and stagea were doing 1:09's so i guess you could expect the legnum to perform similarly..very respectable for a wagon! i think the best laptimes they got for DC2 integra R (my current car) was in the 1:09s range also..
thanks again..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
The commentator quotes 0-400m times as well (4:37-4:42)

Legnum VR-4: 14.4
Legacy GT-B: 14.6

not bad for a wet track and probably high relative humidity

Top Bottom