Bov - Looking for help installing

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Anyone want to help install a bov that I've just bought. Pretty much anytime on Friday or Saturday would be great. Happy to come to you n bring a six pack or somethig? Haha
I would be happy to follow a guide if anyone has a decent one. The one in the how too section doesn't have pictures n without pictures I'm lost!

thanks guys!!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Where are you??

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Around Blacktown but my girlfriend lives in greenacre so pretty much anywhere inbetween is good.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If I wasn't moving I could help as my parents are near Parramatta, but I've never done it either so I'd be no help lol..

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Hahaha No worries man!! I woudnt mind of having it installed professionally either but meek are booked out till next Wednesday and I got no other ideas of who I'd let work on my car...

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ben, bring your car to me on Friday night or Saturday morning (I'm available before 11am) and I am more than happy to install your BOV. Just ensure you have the following incase we need it such as the bung plug, extra jubilee clips (suitable size), extra vacuum hose that is long enough, not too worry about cable ties, I got plenty of that LOL.

Anyway, I assume you still have the standard IC pipes and what BOV you have? PM me

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
lol Dave is anti VTA bov and he has good reason for it. Ill let him explain when he comes back on, but basically they can do funny things with your sensor's, causing you to lose fuel and power.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
On a sidenote to this, has anyone seen the GFB adjustable BOVs? You have a dial inside the cabin & alter it from full-plumb-back to VTA or anywhere inbetween..

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Yeah that adjustable one was around 550...

Mine Is adjustabel too although from the bov.

It can go from 100% Vta (which if never will) too 100% recirc and anywhere in between so yeah I won't use it as vta guys so theirs nothing to worry about!!!!

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey Ben, i think i've spotted you. You wouldn't be parked at Rooty Hill shops tonight arent yah at around 6.20pm?

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Nahh man wasn't me! I've got evo 8 rims on now so I'm a little more recognizable

Top Bottom