bov problem

G

Unregistered
hello, following install guides n forum for manual BC i have come across a problem.

it seems that with the BC connected to red nipple on manifold-intercooler pipeing has somewhat removed the performance for my bov,with that i get turbo flutter coming out of my pod filter.so is the problem that my BOV is broken? or is the guide in forum to showing how to install a manual BC not correct? :rolleyes:

plz help:confused:

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
is the vacuum line to your bov still connected?

G

Unregistered
yep,pretty sure i installed my bov correctly,just replaced it with the factory 1.blocked off the turbo-air intake hose and plugged the bov into the intercooler pipeing at the bottom,its a racepro bov with 1 inlet 2 trumpets on the side and the vac nipple.

G

Unregistered
ok nevermind seems i need a flange or a t peice of pipeing to connect both the plenum intake and turbo intake togeather,

or does anyone have any pics of thier bovs showing what connects to wot ect

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sounds like you installed the BOV onto the wrong hose!

It has to be on the short one coming off the pipe from the intercooler and the other hose needs to be plugged.

Make sure your vac hose is connected to the BOV and thats it, it should be fine.

With your MBC, you only need to put it in line with the red tipped hose and dial it in to an appropriate boost level (Most have found about 12-13 PSI to be the limit)

Good luck

G

Unregistered
yeap i have the bov on the intercooler pipe, and have blocked the turbo or is it the air intake pipe.
maybe if i relocate my mbc to use the same hoses where my stock mbc under neath the plenum hose is,use the source from the nipple on the turbo or air intake pipe and connect both wastegates(behind the plenum where the vac hose is) directly to the mbc, would it work.

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • bov.jpg
    bov.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 31

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Well you got me beat then.... You haven't been messing around with anything else lol???

That basically looks as it should.... Are you sure there isn't a boost leak? Only other thing i can think of really!

G

Unregistered
i did have the bc connectd to some other random stuff which was working fine, bov was loud az. then i saw the guide in the forum and did the oh no,and changed it to how it is now, its only been doing it since i connected the mbc to where the red hose nipple was,
ill try connecting the mbc to the source where the stock bc was. if it doesent work then im guessing my bov is blocked?

G

Unregistered
would you be able to upload a pic of where your boost guage is connected?
i have mine connected to the rear of the plenum and it and it shares the same vaccum line as the bov

G

Unregistered
ok checkd all vac connections and stuff,only logical answer is faulty bov thats not opening up. thanx 4 the help dawso

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sorry mate, cricket grand final yesterday :) (And yes we won!)

Have you still got the OEM BOV? Chuck it back on and see if that fixes it maybe? I think you're right with the BOV not opening but it does seem a little suspicious as to why its NOT opening :confused:

Anyways good luck! Hope to see it burning up the streets again soon :)

Top Bottom