brake calipers - get a 2nd handy or rebuild???

G

Unregistered
hey guys.. got a front caliper that is not a happy little vegemite... anyone got any contacts to get a decent 2nd handy, or would it be easier to just get it rebuilt?

cheers

G

Unregistered
yeah, the rotors and pads were aparently too low for compliance, so they've been changed and now im told the front left caliper is sticking...

probably should have mentioned that in the first post :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have they tried rotating the piston? also magna TJ twin pots are easily available (well might take a day to get hold of) from your local brake & clutch shops..

G

Unregistered
If its just a sticky piston get it rebuilt if there is any corrosion get a 2nd handy.

G

Unregistered
turns out the calliper pins are bent... NFI how, they reckon it hit a gutter or something in japan - not farking likely in my opinion and coz im not there i cant fix it or inspect it myself... so i need a calliper... anyone got anything that work for me - 2nd handy, or a magna one...

please give me a call
Greg
0410 529 460

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
PM Benny.. he's got a set of calipers..

but hold up.. when you say the 'caliper pins' are they referring to the 2 bolts holding the caliper onto the caliper mount?!

G

Unregistered
I think he's talking about the pins that allow the caliper to slide and clamp on the rotors

PICT0123.jpg

Before you go searching for a whole new caliper, see if mitsu have any as other cars may use the same pins...

I had a bent one in my car (not vr-4) and it cost about 30 bucks

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I believe a local brake and clutch workshop can get a 'maintenance kit' for a TJ magna.. i think it included the bolt, rubber boots and piston seals.... ill ask them on monday and see if how much they're selling for..

Top Bottom