Brisbane Northside mechanic?

Jimmy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Hey is there any place on the north side of Brisbane worth taking my galant in to to get some mechanical repairs done? Really would like my galant running again before I have holidays in about a month and a half's time...

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I've heard good things about Carmen Imports in Brendale, apparently they have quite a bit of experience with these cars, do a search for carmen on the forum to see some talk about them.

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
+1 for Carmen, personal experience has been good.
Northside is kinda sparse for good import workshops (emphasis on good)

Jimmy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
99 Galant VR4
The galant is now approaching the 200k km's mark... So looking at getting all fluids changed, service on the gear box and turbos... Radiator sprung a leak so was going to replace that along with all the hosing and thermostat and what not... Timing belt replacement, plugs and leads, also there's a bit of a knock that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.. A few other bits and pieces you know general sorta stuff like that..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
How far north? I've been using SR Automotive in Beach St Kippa-Ring for most of the years i've had my Galant, including my timing belt and water pump etc which they did in a day a couple of weeks ago - they charged 8 hrs labour plus about $20 for coolant, but they aren't the cheapest, around $99/hour. I supplied parts which I bought. They've done jobs for me big and small, from fixing a leak in my ayc pump pipe to replacing my AYC diff with an SAYC diff including making the little spacer, rebuilding my gearbox, etc.

Anton_Willows

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tony
Drive
1996 Legnum VR-4
Im thinking about heading to Carmen from now on.. I used to go to a so called performance workshop in Ipswich but instead of then servicing my AYC pump they ending up causing a complete failure.. also I paid for them to fit a new radiator and BOV, once i got the car home I discovered they hadn't ever bolted/clipped down anything they had pulled off in installing the radiator.. I have paid this workshop alot of money and it seems they break more then they fix! Now im looking for a mechanic in Brisbane that can actually do what they say..

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
How far north? I've been using SR Automotive in Beach St Kippa-Ring for most of the years i've had my Galant, including my timing belt and water pump etc which they did in a day a couple of weeks ago - they charged 8 hrs labour plus about $20 for coolant, but they aren't the cheapest, around $99/hour. I supplied parts which I bought. They've done jobs for me big and small, from fixing a leak in my ayc pump pipe to replacing my AYC diff with an SAYC diff including making the little spacer, rebuilding my gearbox, etc.

They tried quoting me $3,800 for a excedy HD clutch installed. Carmen was $1,300 installed. I said "that sounds a bit expensive" The guy then blew up and said "well go get some other idiot to work on your car and fuck it up. You want it done properly that's what it costs!" So I went and happily spent 6k at Carmens for the 100k, clutch, lifters, brakes, general clean up and check over parts and labor. lol Customer service can go a long way.

Top Bottom