Butchered

Johny

Crunching Gears
First Name
Johny
Drive
1998 Galant 24 viento
Yesterday my mate noticed that on the back windows it has the indenations from where the tv aerial once was
which i thought was strange seeing as my dash looks like this
PIC_0111.jpg

is it possible it once had the inbuilt tv and such that some have?

when i first took the dash out i noticed several plugs at the back that have little cut wires out of them and dont seem to have any purpose

if this is the case would it be possible/difficult to put such back into it?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Personally when i sell a car i pull off all the equipment i could use in my next vehicle (such as a TV), so chances are it may have had one before. I don't whether it would've been standard though, one of the NZ guys might be able to help you there.

Its not rocket science to put one in but to get it working is a little more difficult ;)

I'm sure there is a write up on here somewhere on how to do it, just check under the guides and write ups

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yesterday my mate noticed that on the back windows it has the indentations from where the tv aerial once was
Do you mean the aerials that were etched into the glass? Or something else?

The two rear windows have aerials etched into them from factory - they are slightly different as they work on different frequencies, and each one has a different plug to go into the back of your stereo. These two aerials are identical for all VR4's, MMCS or not.

If you're talking about something other than this you must have had some aftermarket system installed, in which case it really could have been anything.

Johny

Crunching Gears
First Name
Johny
Drive
1998 Galant 24 viento
yeah the ones on the windows theres indentations of where they once were

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
the ones 'etched' on the back windows are just normal aerials.. mine came with 2, roof antenna and the back window type..

Top Bottom