Camera...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I've searched but couldn't find any thread... anyhoo..

what do you guys think of this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-DVR-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564602d1c2

its got its windscreen mount and points towards the front (well if you point it that way) then I think you can attach your phone holder as wel.. but not sure..

what do you think? any other alternative? at this stage, I refuse to buy the gopro.. im being stingy.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
stop being stingy, gopros are awesome!

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Looks pretty ok, except it only takes 15 mins of footage, which is a fair while but not enough for some situations. How long is the recording time of the gopro?

Did you notice the link at the bottom of the page for some of their other cameras, a couple there with night vision.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
There's good reasons you see everybody use and recommend GoPro, they're awesome. Pretty sure they read up to 16GB SD card too so depending on resolution of your recording, they'll record plenty of footage.

Just found some from US sellers on evilBay for under $300 delivered for the HD Motorsports Hero. One company even makes an LCD BacPac screen for em now to make viewing your footage easier.

If I had the funds to spend on such a thing, no other choice really.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Having bought a $200 camera for this purpose, and being severely disappointed, I have to say, just go and buy a go pro.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What the others said, I bought the best I could afford just before the gopro came out. No comparison.... I use the gopro mtn biking, skiing and on/in the car. Best thing by miles.

I just got mine from john at vsport. (i got the motorsport pack and then added the chest harness and got the screen when it came out.)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
haters!! im going back to my own corner and talk to myself.. :p

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Yeah, nice one. looks like I read that wrong. Says it takes up to a 32gig sd card so i guess 10hrs, which is plenty.. But after reading up on the gopro and it's res capabilities I would have to say go with the gopro.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
When Christian comes out of his corner, he'll realise the gopro is the best thing ever

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i've been watching the go pro video's and they're awesome!

ill see if my work would allow to pay for it :D

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
probably not the cheapest retailer but 0414 915 267 is the number of a Brisbane seller.. in Loganholme I think. Name is Alan and he'll organise a demo for you if your interested.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
this with a gopro!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Screw Go-Pro! Get a Contour. Kills Go-Pro in terms of features and you can use old nokia batteries with em. Also check out the Drift HD cams.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I've got the ATC3k... definitely disappointing (audio is SHITE)

Top Bottom