Xtrons - Touch Screen, DVD, Bluetooth, GPS, Reverse camera etc

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Does anyone here have any experience with these Xtrons units?
http://www.xtrons.com/GPS-car-dvd/7-Digital-T-Screen-GPS-Car-DVD-player-TD717G.html

I was going to build a carputer, but I like the idea of having all features in one interface. (ie no doubt if I built a carputer, I would always need to swapping between software applications to do certain tasks).

I am considering either the TD17G or TD713G.

They seem like pretty good value for all of the features they pack in.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
i have also been looking at these, i like the 2 year warranty

would be keen to hear anyones experiences

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah I looked at these a while back... A hell of a lot cheaper than a carputer from carputer.me but can't plug my vehicle diagnostic cable in it or connect a SSD hard drive... Still trying to convince myself I don't need them (would be great if evoscan would put a date on their android app release).
A few guys on AMC have the older model and are happy with them.

I would like to know if things like album art are visible when using an ipod which is what I would be doing.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Poita, these units aren't an actual computer as such. The radio/dvd/ipod/tv (analogue) interface is a separate chip from the Windows CE powered GPS system. If you are keen on something like this though, I have an Eonon G2210A that I bought last October that was pretty much DOA so they sent me a brand new one in December or so, which I haven't even opened. I also have 2x headrests & reverse cam to go with it, (all checked out but never installed). If you're interested, let me know :)

Top Bottom