Pearl White Paintwork Touch Up

illuzian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ant
Drive
98 F/L Legnum VR4
Hey guys,

Just washed my car and am noticing tiny little spots of missing paint on my pearl white coat not to noticeable unless your right up close, whats the go with touching this up with the metallic finishes ie pearl white? Can I get something made up to touch up or will I need to get someone to do it for me?

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
good question because im going to need this one answered also as the car im buying has a few spots on it which i would like to touch up myself

G

Unregistered
Ill second that but throw in the possibility of re sprays by a super guy in the eastern suburbs i think.. Nick Prestige told me about him and he's old school so if you rock up with a cash offer he'll do it..

Id prefer personally to get it done... :)

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea but paying cash how much?! would be great to have the whole car re- done and looking awesome as, might look around the rat and see who i can find...

G

Unregistered
There is an original Mitsu stuff for covering these tinny spots. well it is not a PRO solution but covers the holes with original colour and there is lack as well in the kit- good for at least protecting and semi-covering these spots.
MZ342SW71 - Paint pencil W71
it costs in my area about 13 euro- not that bad at all.

You can do all the work by yourself, just get some chemical stuff to clear the surface first

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
sounds pretty sweet then

so thats the part number (MZ342SW71) and we can just order it through mitsubishi?

G

Unregistered
sounds pretty sweet then

so thats the part number (MZ342SW71) and we can just order it through mitsubishi?
well, from where i come from noone in mitsu dealers have heard about Legnum or these kits too. I have had one kit for silver A71, found it in some accident car. Had to show it to the dealer first then he found it, manually changed the part number from MZ342SA71 to MZ342SW71 as I dedicated the last 3 are your color and guess what the dealer found that part too. I bought 2 sets already and it fits the color perfectly. In case you colour is differend you just change last 3 signs in part number to the color of yours. The code of it is to be found on a aluminium plate on firewall inside engine chamber where COL INT EXT options are shown.
Yes Jamie you should order it thru Mitsubishi

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
awesome i will check it all out when i get the car hopefully next week as i really want to get this touched up, or i may just go to a panel beater and see what kinda costs will be involved..

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
The part number of Pearl white is MZ101845

Gary

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Jamie avoid the panel beaters at all costs as most will charge an arm and a leg for something a mobile touch up bloke can do for pretty cheap. I was quoted $250 for about 5 scratches/stonechips on my paintwork from "The touch up guys". Little tiny chips would probably be fixed up pretty quickly and shouldn't be too expensive at all. Worth a go before you go to the extremes of the dreaded panelbeater lol.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea your probably right luke haha my dad said the exact same thing.

BUT...

Looks like i may be able to get it all done for free as my g/fs dad knows someone who will do all this kind of stuff for free, if i needed or super cheap, so we will see what happens

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
with my silvia (seeing its a factory metallic paint).. i was stressing about touch ups, thinking it would stand out like dog balls. anywho, got the paint code off the engine plaque, went to auto barn (yes.. shudders), they made up a lil tin for $20 or can put it into a spray can for $30.

and seriously u would never see where its been touched up, well not anyone coz ive had the whole thing resprayed.. but thats not the point lol.
but for $20 from autobarn, cant go wrong.

Top Bottom