ebay double din touch screen head units

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
just do a little more research before committing. I was looking at getting from the US but then was advised that their FM frequencies are slightly shifted from ours, like by about .5 mhz, so it wouldn't lock on properly to any of our stations. Not sure the value of truth in that but worth looking into.

that is correct. AM channel spacing is different and the FM band is narrower here. the US version runs 200khz channel spacing.

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
they are $1050 . I sell them . has video and audio out - comes with maps that you can update off the net monthly as well. also does redlight cameras.(under POI.)

G

Unregistered
wow... bit more expensive than i was expecting.. might stick to the UBD :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Chris while you're posting in this thread, what would YOU recommend for a double-din DVD / MP3 player with GPS? Personally I really like the multi-disc, HDD and MP3 input options in the AVIC-3 but I'm TRYING to be sensible with my money...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Why waste all that money. Fill the double DIN hole with gauges and buy yourself a BOOM BOX, one which plays MP3s, stick in the back, set and forget. Problem solved. :wanker::wanker::wanker:

/*ducks runs & hides*/

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
they are $1050 . I sell them . has video and audio out - comes with maps that you can update off the net monthly as well. also does redlight cameras.(under POI.)

I can't understand why they are priced like this considering you can go to JB hifi and select from a choice of about 10 that include a lcd screen from $300 to $500 bucks.

Edit: You also have a choice of like 50 off ebay, starting price of $130 all the way up to max around $700

I thought the price would be lower considering it wouldn't have an lcd?

$1000 bucks doesn't make sense.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Installed the new JVC deck today, works absolutely perfectly, full ipod control, very clear and bright lcd screen, radio stations locked on fine also. The only thing different about the USA model to the aussie model is the price, i.e. 50% cheaper!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
that's great news Madhav, I was so close to buying one earlier in the year. Does your JVC have blutooth?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
It came 'bluetooth ready'. For full integration with the HU, I would need to get an adapter which will cost another $100 from the USA, ($250 from australia!!). I could easily get a hands free kit for $10 off ebay, but the music wouldn't pause automatically and I couldn't stream music to the deck. $250 is crazy because I could get a whole new JVC headunit for that price which would include bluetooth?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
yep well considering I got my BT1 for $230, which includes USB and Blutooth, yeah.....$250 is a rort.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Personally I use a bluetooth headset and in my experience the quality of bt car kits compared to my headset is rubbish. Sure there's SLIGHTLY more effort involved in receiving a call but once you're on the call at least the person at the other end can understand you...

Having said that, I've been through four different bt headsets before this one (Plantronics Discovery 665) and this is the first one that really worked well.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Well in that case I can definately recommend the JVC KD-BT1 then. The BT quality on both ends is sensational. Plus provided your phone supports it, it will allow you to use voice recognition and it will display your sms messages as they come thru also. You could put ur phone in the boot and it wouldn't matter, you still have full phone and SMS functionality from the headunit.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It's a tough call really.

I want:
7" LCD for video, I want to be able to input a mm hdd which will have all my music and video on it.
reverse cam support.
bluetooth.
radio.

And I want to get out of it as cheap as possible :D

But I don't want anything which doesn't work..

Clown

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Was a 1997 Legnum (R.I.P) now a 1996 NJ Pajero
Don't touch an EONON unit !

My car came with one installed. Constant pain in the arse. MP3 playback wouldn't support folders, screen would keep dying, TV tuner is pathetic. No the drive mechanism is stuffed so won't read any discs anymore.

So all I hear now when driving is the hum of the engine !

and such a sweet note that is... I know how ya feel mine had a double din pioneer cazzazeria ...or something did play cd's an minidiscs... but now it's swallowed my korn cd and I'm stuck listenin to AM radio... or...the engine..which usually gets my vote.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
In Sydney 88.1 FM is some community station which sometimes has some good stuff on....

I'm sticking in an old pyramid cd deck I have lying around as soon as I get the chance :(

G

Unregistered
hi i just bought a single din dvd/lcd from ebay and its been fine so far.
Just need to figure out a way to connect a GPS to it. If anyone knows I have just created a new thread explaining it. Hope someone can help me out..Thanks

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Got some info on that kaotik?

Im running a Boss BV7950 In-Dash AM/FM DVD/MP3/CD Receiver with 3.5" TFT Monitor and USB Port
  • DIN mounting
  • Motorized drop-down full detachable panel
  • WMA, MP4, MP3, DVD, SVCD, VCD, CDR, CDRW and SDVD compatible
  • USB port
  • Front auxiliary input
  • Compatible with audio output of iPod or any other MP3 players
  • Built-in 3.5" TFT monitor
  • Resolution: 1152 x 234 pixels
  • Brightness: 400 NITS
  • NTSC/PAL compatible
  • On screen display
  • PLL synthesized AM/FM tuner
  • 30 Station presets
  • Switchable USA/Europe radio frequencies
  • RDS (Radio data system)
  • Illuminated controls
  • Preset EQ response curves
  • Seperate bass and treble
  • Balance and fader controls
  • Loudness
  • Stereo/mono switch
  • Local/distance switch
  • Mute function
  • Last position memory
  • Repeat/intro/random
  • 1-Bit D/A converter
  • ESP (anti-skip mechanism)
  • Dual (front and rear) RCA outputs
  • Wireless remote control
  • Output power: 80w x 4 channels
About $300nz landed, I'm very happy with it.
Has GPS input and also Camera input + video out as well.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
ok guys. i've read most of the thread.
DO NOT GET THE CHEAP STUF FROM THE EBAY~
i have one installed in my car. well, it
reads almost all the files,
folders work,
dvd good,
screen ok,
sat nav is great,
blue tooth not too bad,
tv is cr$p, radio is fine,
tv input for rear camera works,
tv output works,
usb input works,
SD card reader works
folding machanism (double din) usually works but..

the output is a joke. i am not talking about the how loud it is. i am talking about the sound quality.
My previouse set-ups on my old cars were
JVC head unit, all alpine amps, mtx subs and speakers.
Sony Gt serise head unit, graphic equaliser, All pioneer amps and kewnwood speakers, 12' w0-4 JL subs.
Maybe i was used to the good sound quality. recently, i replaced all the door speakers to MTX's. from with splits and rear with two way.

sound quality? got much better but still feels like listening to the tape deck back in my highschool days.. (yes... in 90's)

Also, there are'nt great options for equaliser settings. they just have high and low, loudness.

I am really really thinking about selling mine off. Not to my friends, to someone i do not know.. Only keeping it at the moment because i need a sat nav for the cruise comming up at 15th~

so choice is yours.

if you want something cheap, you get cheap sound.
don't mind the sound quality that much, then go for it.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Someone else mentioned this too.

Which is why i'm going to go for a JVC DVD HU and a cheap single din LCD... which only does LCD (most do a rear cam too)

Top Bottom