Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Just wondering if anyone here has bought or looked at buying this head unit...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300887963140?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Apparently it's made for the 8G Galant and Legnum (plus others) totally plug and play.
I've got the measuring tape out and it's a near perfect fit.. with the outer fascia.. it'd be spot on!!

Impressive list of features too:
6.2" screen
GPS Sat Nav
Bluetooth
USB
Micro-SD card
External mic
Reversing camera (Incl!!)
Plays movies
DAB radio (Optional antenna)
List goes on..
comes with ISO plug and apparently everything you need to fit it....

If anyone has one of these units.. what do you think of it?? Do you run a Subs with it? does it perform well?

Cheers!!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Should be fine as long as you prefer features vs being an audiophile.
Fitted a similar one into my mates Verada a while ago, all the features worked really well and you can get it to run whatever latest gps program you want to run (downloaded from the internet)
Can get them much cheaper if you don't mind waiting for postage from china.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Should be fine as long as you prefer features vs being an audiophile.
Fitted a similar one into my mates Verada a while ago, all the features worked really well and you can get it to run whatever latest gps program you want to run (downloaded from the internet)
Can get them much cheaper if you don't mind waiting for postage from china.

Thanks mate!
I do like my music but I'm not after concert spec listening pleasure... lol I run a Kenwood head unit with only the stock inbuilt Amp (50 X 4) with Kenwood speakers (factory size) plus a 10" active sub in the back so yeah... lol

You wouldn't have a link to where you can buy them?? DX, Aliexpress, bangood etc??
I have looked but can't find that particular unit...

Thanks again
Steve

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Nah, this was an ebay one, the only difference with the features is that the one you linked has an adapter for mitsubishi, we wired his ourselves.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
That one also seems to have the two holes for the stock antenna... I've never seen one with that before and I've never been able to find an adaptor :(

I'd almost recommend it but it looks to be very similar to my shitheap Eonon that I wish I'd never wasted $500 on... I still use it though because Bluetooth audio is quite handy.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I've looked at a few... mainly on alibaba and can't find this particular model...Plenty of eonon ones that actually look half decent.... (this one also comes with an external mic and reversing camera as well as the ones I saw don't (optional extras!))
they are a lot cheaper (like $200US plus shipping)
But like a lot of things.. local stores can't be beaten if things go bad with these units...
If the seller is legit anyway...if he's only in it for a quick $$ then.... yeah...

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Thanks mate!
I do like my music but I'm not after concert spec listening pleasure... lol I run a Kenwood head unit with only the stock inbuilt Amp (50 X 4) with Kenwood speakers (factory size) plus a 10" active sub in the back so yeah... lol

Lots of these units don't have very good/very many RCA pre-outs, so if you're ever considering going to an amp or multiple amps for a better system then choose carefully.

I had one that came in my old Legnum which was fine for most stuff (although the iPod connectivity was truly awful) if a bit laggy in operation. Sound quality was fairly poor and RCA options for expansion were basically nil. I'd assume the software has come a long way since that unit, but hardware can still be pretty limited on these sorts of cheapish things. Depends what you're after now and going forward, I guess.

Top Bottom