Ebay knock off or genuine HKS?

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
I have contacted the ebay seller in Malaysia that sells these BOV for $70 and this is what he wrote back.

Hi, ebayer.

Yes, it is genuine HKS BOV

We can sell at this price because we are sole
distributor in Malaysia and we bought it in a bulk
(few containers).

Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- ultrasavecost[/FONT]

That sounds fishy, have you tried Google? or HKS directly they usually have some good comparisons on not only the BOV itself but also the box has allot of clues aswell

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Check at the back if it looks like this like the picture, if it is, then it is genuine.

DSC00009.JPG

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
looks exactly the same as that but in black. I cant wait for the next cyclist to get in my way

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
well I hope it is but the skill of the Chinese to copy something isn't to be underestimated, so I'll never know for sure

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
Nice score if it is legit. I bought a knock off for the fun factor but haven't bothered to put it on, nor will I. Wish i got a plum back. $80.00 could have got me a Korean massage and a Big Mac meal.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I sent them an message asking if it is real or not...

"Dear chrisso107,

Hi mate,
It's fake not the real one. But the copies are getting better nowadays, aren't they? :)

- hanzo-racing"

Guess that answers that :)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Oppss, well mate, let just hopes it was build properly. So try it

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ive had it on for a week now, doesn't seem to leek boost. I cant tell a difference in sound to the real thing, although I have only heard Dawso's so I don't have much to compare it with.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
What's the difference with the Black and the normal? And where'd you find this seller?! Just for future reference =]

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Just turn the car on and stick your head next to it and make sure it is not leaking at idle. If its not, flog it until it EXPLODES lol

Does it sound the same as mine? Its a pretty definitive sound, you can't mistake it with something else :p

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
yeah it sounds like yours but a bit different, Ive only heard mine from in my car and Ive only heard yours from outside. Definitely the same sort of sound.

no difference between black and silver that I know of, apart from color of course. Seller is just one I found on ebay called Hanzo Racing, I thought if I am going to try a Chinese SSQV then I might as well find the absolute cheapest. The seller seems pretty good, only took 3 days from purchase to being at my door and never tried to tell me it was real.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
From in the car it will sound flatter (Not as high pitched) as it does from the outside :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Well the results are in, cheap ebay blow off valves are a complete waste of money. :)

It was leaking air so badly it was costing me around 5L/100km and as time went on it seemed to vent more and more often, under very little boost. Plus side of it was when under boost it seemed to hold it well, so I was able to up the boost to whatever. After venting it just closed very slowly, possibly not at all, until boost came back on.

Unfortunately when trying to put the standard blow off valve back on I broke the nipple for the vacuum hose, so now I have a plastic blow off valve that doesn't hold above 8psi and never vents lol.

G

Unregistered
Ah, what the.. darn. Did the one you got look exactly the same as in the photos?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Unfortunately when trying to put the standard blow off valve back on I broke the nipple for the vacuum hose, so now I have a plastic blow off valve that doesn't hold above 8psi and never vents lol.

Thanks for taking the blame :oops:

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Get in contact with the seller see if he will replace it, the one I had played up a little the guy sent me a new one no I've had no problems with it. Its supposedly a genuine, but who knows.

Top Bottom