swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hey Fellas
Just thought il let you know about this carbon enclosed pod filter kit which is available, enclosed thus theoretically cant be defected by police.
Definitely noticed an economy improvement and the car is much more responsive too.
Not too loud so if that’s what you are looking for then its no good but otherwise it looks great and does not mess with my airflow meter, the cr runs just like it did before.
Also I might be interested to sell it off as I got it as a present – dot really know how much it is worth but I heard that it used to retail for 600 – ill give it away then for 250 with adaptor plate and a home made bracket that bolts on to existing air box holes – pretty much bolt job.
Im not really fused if I don’t sell it but I would love the cash :)

HERE IS SOME MORE PICS
http://ozvr4.com/forums/album.php?albumid=45

Attachments

• pod.jpg
    pod.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 125
G

Unregistered
Cool no battery relocation.
Maybe you could take more pics like inside when its open to show the filter and a close up, where does the air duct go for the cold air? More pics :p

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Ooooh I might be interested.. and the CAI tubing, that come with it too? :p

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Tim
I did not pay for it I just was told that they used to retail for that much but nobody bought it.
Will take and post more picks, not quite sure what pod is inside – I had a look just looks like a normal pod filter enclosed in carbon that’s all I could see.
Tom
Comes with tube which I guided to just above fog light, bracket and filter/enclosure I had to get a new bracket and modify it a bit to fit.
Looks neat and if I could somehow hide the bracket it prob would look standard too as its very clean look.
Cheers Tomas

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I saw couple of them that went for $600 in ebay.. and some cheapy ones for around $200.. so if that is the better constructed item.. then i'm pretty sure it's worth more than $250 that you're selling it for..

as for the filter inside, i think they're universal where you can install a K&N pod type filter in them which are available in Autobarn, repco or supercheap

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Tom & Emanuel - have a look at the link i posted up few more photos

It is still for sale

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Awesome, well if I can pull together some cash, I'll take it :)

Don't hold it for me, if someone comes along before me, first in first served!

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
This is still for sale :)
Need cash for lifters.

Top Bottom