Christchurch Earth Quake: Feb 2011

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah that's discusting.

Not cool, you don't shoot a guy in the dick!

sp01.JPG

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
98 Dead - 228 still missing.
There is just mass destruction every were you look. This is going to take a long time to sort out.
I spoke to some mates at city care were I used to work. They are not allowed to go into any areas were there is still surface water.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Apparently quite a number of buildings collapsed in really odd ways, showing that perhaps they weren't properly built to earthquake standards or something like that..?

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Its most of the older heritage buildings that have gone, before earthquake standards were introduced.
But then look at the PGC building its only 15-20 years old, and the same one next to it is still standing.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
One thing I have learnt out of this is a new word - liquefaction. I kept thinking it was a spelling mistake.
Seems to be a big issue following the earthquake.

Taylor

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taylor
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Ive lived in CHCH all of my life i get sadder each day as i come to grips with how fucked our city really is

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
One thing I have learnt out of this is a new word - liquefaction. I kept thinking it was a spelling mistake.
Seems to be a big issue following the earthquake.

Yes that is a very big issue. Were the sand/soils come up with the water, they then produce huge voids underground, then in turn produce sink holes that may not show up for days - months - years later.

When I was working in a roading crew - We had the odd time of liquefaction (first time I found about it) was when I was put a plate compactor onto road metals that had to much water in it. Mostly after a night of rain. Plate compactor just sunk into it.

Best clip of Liquefaction I have ever seen

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I've noticed quite a few NZ members who have not shown up on here in a few days. Any word from people who don't have net access?

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Everyone seems to be ok. Most members have contacted each other.
There is still a lot of places without power, might take a week to months to get all the new overhead cables up, as they are putting in new poles...etc

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Fark me, this is crazy. Very sad to know that people are still M.I.A and people are unsure of the status of loved ones.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I know it's a bit of an ask at the moment, but is someone able to drive past 81 Port Hills Rd in the Heathcote Valley? It was my old home, it'd be nice to know if it was still standing. As i understand it, that region felt the quake the worst.

Top Bottom