Coilovers - who, what, where, and how much?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
i got a feeling someone set your ride height by using the spring preload collar, thats why it rides like shit
see this is why I'm doing a write up. spring seat is actually the correct way to adjust ride height on coilovers

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
How to adjust height thread here

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
This is how my car is currently sitting. I want to drop it alittle more are front and rear. @TME_Steve i read you got some springs made for your bilstein's do you have any details. I would really like to make mine less harsh and save my spine
image.jpeg

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
On My Galant, HKS Hypermax WG for daily use, TEIN Super Flex Wagon + EDFC II for track use. Hypermax WG has only ride height adjuster and the spring way stiffer than ralliart, but still okay for me.

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
Hey guys I'm after some advice. I'm sick of doing this wrong so I thought I'd ask instead.I'm after a comfortable plush ride as I am travelling to work 90% of the time. At the same time I don't want it to wallow when I sniff out a corner. I know RHDJapan has Tein Street Flex for sale at the moment but how would they compare to MCA Blues . I currently have BC's and find them either too stiff or too floaty. I also like to have my car sit at our just below 100mm and it will probably never see a track. Is it possible with these coilovers? Thanks in advance

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey guys I'm after some advice. I'm sick of doing this wrong so I thought I'd ask instead.I'm after a comfortable plush ride as I am travelling to work 90% of the time. At the same time I don't want it to wallow when I sniff out a corner. I know RHDJapan has Tein Street Flex for sale at the moment but how would they compare to MCA Blues . I currently have BC's and find them either too stiff or too floaty. I also like to have my car sit at our just below 100mm and it will probably never see a track. Is it possible with these coilovers? Thanks in advance
How much can you spend?

See here.
https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/mca-coilovers-for-vr4s-available-through-tme.15622/

https://mcasuspension.com/suspension

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
Well the teins are on special at the moment at rhdjapan for $1200 delivered. By the time you add customs to that it should be close to the MCA Blues at $1500 odd. I'd like to spend as little as I can while getting the job done if that makes sense.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Tein street flex are too soft in my galant, if I could do it again I'd go MCA's.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Well the teins are on special at the moment at rhdjapan for $1200 delivered. By the time you add customs to that it should be close to the MCA Blues at $1500 odd. I'd like to spend as little as I can while getting the job done if that makes sense.
The best thing to do is find someone that has the suspension you're after and go for a ride. Everyone is different, what's nice for you, might be hard as shit for me.

Mca is very good. I have Teins but I've had them revalved for what I wanted- cost me $2200 just for that.
I did this before the MCA became available for our cars. If I had my time again, I'd go MCA.
Hope that helps. See @TME_Steve if you're after MCA

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
My ISC coils have been good value. Think I paid $1100 for them at the time (years ago)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
What Spring rates are they? Our cars are very sensitive to rear Spring rate. Anything much above 5kg/mm rears tends to be quite harsh. Fronts aren't, you can go hard there Ie 15-17kg if you need to

Top Bottom