Collingrove Hill Climb - Shane's Leggy

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
37.15 was my best today, and it was in my fourth run. Unfortunately it got colder after lunch and there was some rain towards the end, otherwise I would have been in the 36es for sure - next time :). My times went 40, 38.7, 37.8, 37.15 then slowed back down after lunch. I was faster than the only Evo in my class - a red VII and an Audi S3, the GTRs both were a fair bit quicker - the STI and the A4 Quatro weren't exactly slow either :p

My Best Run:
2013-05-26 12.43.30.jpg

We need more VR4s for the next one, then we can share the load of the 'what have you done to your Magna?' questions :)

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Nice one mate, you knocked off an Evo 7 and a GTR! Doing the VR-4 proud!

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
Pretty good mate.
I am interested in the Audi, I have owned two A4 Quattros, and they were much, much slower than my legnum, do you know anymore about it?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Pretty good mate.
I am interested in the Audi, I have owned two A4 Quattros, and they were much, much slower than my legnum, do you know anymore about it?

Yes, it was fast :p It was supposed to be running the stock turbo, but almost everything else is fair game. Has to be road legal though. To put it in perspective, the GTRs both had at least 250KW at the wheels - they could spin their R888s at will - and they were 'road legal'. So who knows what was in that Audi! TBH I would probably be doing similar times to it if I had a manual. It seemed a bit laggy, so it may have had a bigger turbo - I will have a look next time I see it :)

Sorry to threadjack Shane - it's your own fault for not coming to todays hillclimb :p

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
Sorry to threadjack Shane - it's your own fault for not coming to todays hillclimb :p

All good mate :) taylor started the thread anyway :p

Good times dude! What tyres you running?

Can't wait to get out there again! Looking at houses atm, after we buy one i'll be right back out there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
All good mate :) taylor started the thread anyway :p

Good times dude! What tyres you running?

Can't wait to get out there again! Looking at houses atm, after we buy one i'll be right back out there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Toyo R1Rs, I need them to offset my Auto :p Car did get a bit warm once too, nothing too bad but the needle just moved above half by the top of the hill.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Shane, do you know what first split times you were doing? I am wondering how much difference manual with launch control makes, as I may change over one day. It was almost impossible to get the auto off the line with any real urgency.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
About 2500 RPM I think, I was trying to listen for the turbos more than anything - but couldn't hear much with the helmet on even though I had the windows down. Did you ever take it to collingrove, or do you mean just launched nicely in general?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
The launch at collingrove is uphill too, so it makes everything seem slower. For all I know it may be doing good times, but just feels a bit slow off the line. My first split times were pretty normal compared to other similar cars, but I still wonder if the manual and launch control would help.

Top Bottom