Come be freinds with Satan!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
^+1

Also when you say that the car haas to be 100% roadworthy does that mean you cant have an aftermarket exhaust, FMIC, Big rims and slammed etc???

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Nice leggy man. What are those sneakers you're wearing? Osiris?

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
^+1

Also when you say that the car haas to be 100% roadworthy does that mean you cant have an aftermarket exhaust, FMIC, Big rims and slammed etc???
I meant as in 'daily-able'...so its got the wheels, im slamming it, loud exhaust etc, but still a nice car, not a filthy whoreish pig haha...

yes the shoes are osiris :D love em, but need a new pair soon...

as for the rims...i need to check to be 100% as i pulled them off my old silvia, but im pretty sure they are a 10" rear (i am running 255's on the rear with a little stretch, and the front would be a 9 or 9.5" (i have 225 wide with a fair whack more stretch than the rears...)

on that topic, can anyone confirm for me that this setup wont harm my 4wd system?? not that theyll be on there for much longer as im replacing the tyres with semi's, but im thinking about going a 265-35 18 on the rear and a 245-35 18 up front...

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
look like osirus'

could be one of the first nyc83's

tim, nice r32 btw.

thanks, i wish i never sold it, was a 30 bottom end setup, so much tourqe, we had 4 blokes in the back (2 in seats, 2 in boot) when it was on the dyno and it was still baking the rears

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I meant as in 'daily-able'...so its got the wheels, im slamming it, loud exhaust etc, but still a nice car, not a filthy whoreish pig haha...

yes the shoes are osiris :D love em, but need a new pair soon...

as for the rims...i need to check to be 100% as i pulled them off my old silvia, but im pretty sure they are a 10" rear (i am running 255's on the rear with a little stretch, and the front would be a 9 or 9.5" (i have 225 wide with a fair whack more stretch than the rears...)

on that topic, can anyone confirm for me that this setup wont harm my 4wd system?? not that theyll be on there for much longer as im replacing the tyres with semi's, but im thinking about going a 265-35 18 on the rear and a 245-35 18 up front...

confirm the widths and i can tell you...well a few of us can/will tell you.

what rear offset too? have you done the camber fix?

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
confirm the widths and i can tell you...well a few of us can/will tell you.

what rear offset too? have you done the camber fix?

No i have not had a chance to tinker with camber yet, rear offset was too weak, i think 30something, its stamped on the wheels so ill be able to tell you after i look at them, but i have 3mm spacers to stop the inner edge fouling out on that upper arm...camber is pretty slutty on it atm, so a fix would be good lol

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
if they're 10s with a 3mm for clearance, then +30 sounds about right.

camber fix is easy, just do a search there is a nice 'how to' in here somewhere

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
will do, i suppose winding back some camber would hopefully eliminate my need for spacers too

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
will do, i suppose winding back some camber would hopefully eliminate my need for spacers too

nah you'll still need the spacer and the top arm is in a fixed position relative to the hub.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
White PFL ftw!! Nice car man, those rears fit almost perfectly. And they're 255's!!! Yet another reminder i need to get my rear camber fixed too lol.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
White PFL ftw!! Nice car man, those rears fit almost perfectly. And they're 255's!!! Yet another reminder i need to get my rear camber fixed too lol.

nah, you shoulda bout +10 or something for the rears lol

SATAN

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
legnum yo.JPG

Heres a snap i got recently, last time i saw it actually...sitting at a workshop :(, ill have it back soon!!

on the subject of shoes i picked up a pair of Osiris Rhyme's on the weekend...stoked!...i love my HT's lol...

thought id ask the quick question, am i better off with a second hand evo FMIC or purchasing a HDi kit off ebay for $600-odd?

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
The HDI ones are pretty good I think Merlin tuned one that had 17 psi going though it. The evo one will require some pipes to be made up and silicon joiners. Depends on the price you can get the evo one for.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
evo fmic is fine is you can get one for cheap. some people want rediculous amounts of money for them

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Welcome Tim, I remember you from when you had your green Stagea a while back. Ive driven past your car while it was parked at the matilda servo outside Mercury a few times, looks good! What rim sizes are you running?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
i thought that yellow round building looked familar, but i was thinking, thats not mercury's carpark. im assuming thats the matilda

Top Bottom