WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
G

Unregistered
Sounds just like the list of complaints you read for any manufacturer.

G

Unregistered
Except maybe Holden and Ford which have too many things to list.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I have read this before. You need to take into consideration that these are customer complaints not actual findings by a tech. Customers are stupid, trust me.

G

Unregistered
I hate when you read a list of 'all common problems' with a car, and it has really stupid shit in it. 90% of the list could just be replaced with "The vehicle does not respond well to being cluelessly thrashed, horribly modified,run on 91 octane and rarely, if ever, being serviced on schedule using the recommended products".

G

Unregistered
I have read this before. You need to take into consideration that these are customer complaints not actual findings by a tech. Customers are stupid, trust me.

Haha so true.It would appear Mitsi graciously admitted their faults and repaired them under the recall.All cars have little niggling problems but unless the same problems are occurring for a lot of owners of the same vehicle then they can't really be call 'common problems'. look at the name of the website too lol

WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
Personally sometimes I value customer feedback more then a mechanics feedback on a car, because the mechanic doesnt spend hours driving the car daily to hear every sound the car makes "hence" the reason why we go on these sort of forums
To help and inform each other when we got problems with the car, problems mechanics can't answer might get answered by an owner ye?

WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
Yep, if I want unbiased opinions about my car, I'm heading straight for www.mitsubishisucks.com lol

Mate everyone is entitled to their own opinion if thats what they want to name there website they can go for gold doesnt bother me, its a little hard to ignore experiences that owners had when they got pages and pages of issues with the cars.
I love my VR4 i like to know of issues so im 1 move ahead wheter its Biased or Unbaised doesnt bother me. :)

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
For sure as a service advisor/manager you need to get as much information possible from the customer to relay to a tech, but I guarantee you that people will pick on anything they possibly can and shit can the car for it, just cause they can.

classic example here

1996 Mitsubishi GALANT 96 Automatic Transmission
ODI No: 10067816 - transmission failed suddenly @ 96,498 miles

Thats a shit load of miles, that equates to 155,298kms! I wouldnt call that sudden lol, I hope mine last that long!

Another here

1996 Mitsubishi GALANT 96 Brake
ODI No: 520494 - vibration in vehicle while braking.

Machine brakes, problem fixed, very typical of most car manufacturers

Lol at this one :p

ODI ID: 803378 NHTSA Complaint ID: 51812

Make: Mitsubishi Model: 1996 GALANT 96
Component/Parts: Engine exhaust
Failure Date: May 20, 1996 Complaint Date: October 09, 1996
City/State: EL CAJON, CA (California)
Crash: NA Fire: No Injured: 0 Deaths: 0

Complaint Description: during vehicle operation a carbon monoxide leak is experienced, causing the driver to fall asleep. *ak

Granted if you start seeing the same issue over and over again then it would warrant for some concern, however most of these comments just remind me of working in service departments and make me never want to do it again...

G

Unregistered
Unfortunately a quick Google of other car brand names +"sucks" turns up that they all suck.. that sucks.

WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
ODI ID: 803378 NHTSA Complaint ID: 51812

Make: Mitsubishi Model: 1996 GALANT 96
Component/Parts: Engine exhaust
Failure Date: May 20, 1996 Complaint Date: October 09, 1996
City/State: EL CAJON, CA (California)
Crash: NA Fire: No Injured: 0 Deaths: 0

Complaint Description: during vehicle operation a carbon monoxide leak is experienced, causing the driver to fall asleep. *ak ..

I agree this one was stupid hehe.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
That website been around even when i had just got ADSL. Surprised its still around, it looks like an elephant with a toothbrush could design something better in MS Frontpage.

The guy who created it just has a chip on his sholder about harassment and POWs during the WWII. I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi wasnt the only Japanese company to be involved in war.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well the Japs have had a bit of a hard time apologising for the war.

The Germans have well & truly gone down that path.

G

Unregistered
Look what happened LAST TIME Germans apologized after starting a world war...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
LOL classic. I also chucked at Michael Moore getting Hitler trying to withdraw his Nazi plunder from the Swiss banks hehe;

Top Bottom