Costings on a 1999 pearl white legnum

G

Unregistered
Hey guys...

Yeah I know what people will say... But im looking for any advice on a price to sell my 99 VR4 at... Now the body is straight n apart from a black scuff about 1 inch long on the rear bumper shes pretty much in excellent exterior condition.. The interior is perfect... no gashes, no tears, no rolling or wrinkles. Of course, the clock doesnt work haha.

I have recently had the front bar reco'd so there are no more shipping scars there and the V Spec cooler in is as well as the evo styled bonnet and soon to be added buddy club P1 2's is hyper gold (18 x 8) straight off the boat from Japan. at present there is 6mtnhs rego still on it and it is the legnum of Mrs Techsport and has always been serviced by them...

Only run on Motul, oil filter etc replaced at 5k mark since i had it... mechanical A! yada yada as you expect with these cars anyway... around 80k on the clock... and the only reason for the EOI that ill post is i dont require the wagon anymore... a sedan suites my living arrangements and day to day lifestyle now...

I was thinking if advertised, the going rate local is anywhere from 13-15k with some dreaming at around 17k... i was going to advertise for 15 to 15.5k ono with wheels, 14 to 14.5k without...?? ive seen whats on offer in Victoria and I know this car is worth it.... but i do want to get some opinions if the supply demand is along what im thinking... feel free to be honest but im not looking for abuse :)

bonnet5.jpg

bonnet3.jpg

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
it sounds like you arent in any rush to sell,so id start it high around the 17,maybe more,my plan when it comes time sell is to advertise it where there are no other legnums to compare it to.so stay away from ebay and carsales

the problem is they should be worth a lot more money they are selling for

your legnum is in such good conditon,shame you wanna sell it

G

Unregistered
it sounds like you arent in any rush to sell,so id start it high around the 17,maybe more,my plan when it comes time sell is to advertise it where there are no other legnums to compare it to.so stay away from ebay and carsales

the problem is they should be worth a lot more money they are selling for

your legnum is in such good conditon,shame you wanna sell it

oh thanks mate...
It really is in stella condition and yeah you're right... not a super big rush... i dont know how long it may take to sell and i do have to look at another car which im thinkin i might head in the chaser direction after everybody said they are equally as good in the bang for buck department so i feel safe with that...

so start it a bit higher... this might sound lame but do u know of any other car selling web based providers???

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
drive.com
carsguide.com
carpoint.com(though i think this is a link to carsguide?)

smart thing might be to advertise it on a chaser forum,someone might be needing a wagon

even sink low and go on boostcruising.com

people will offer you a lot of swaps but hey,one mite be worth it.
yer chasers are awesome,i wouldnt mind a rwd import

but one car id take over mine would be a turbo swapped datsun 1600,i dont know why but ive got a thing for them

plus i never needed a wagon,just liked legnums

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Trading Post FTW bro.... Gets placed in their newspaper as well :)

Car Sales is generally where everyone goes first though

And don't be afraid to start high..... If its worth it, someone will pay it. The worst that could happen is that they could negotiate you down to your original asking price lol... Its a win/win :D

G

Unregistered
drive.com
carsguide.com
carpoint.com(though i think this is a link to carsguide?)

smart thing might be to advertise it on a chaser forum,someone might be needing a wagon

even sink low and go on boostcruising.com

people will offer you a lot of swaps but hey,one mite be worth it.
yer chasers are awesome,i wouldnt mind a rwd import

but one car id take over mine would be a turbo swapped datsun 1600,i dont know why but ive got a thing for them

plus i never needed a wagon,just liked legnums

:) thats a bit different.. i like it...
yeah ive gotta take into account my living situation and space available etc... as i said... the car is amazing... and if the time comes where i get all grown up n find a lady etc... the legnum will be top of my list haha...

yeah the jzx forum costs money to join??? im a bit eh with that :wanker:

sweet ill browse those sites and see what the go is on em.. again thanks for post guys appreciate it

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
My advice - get a really nice colour shot 3/4 angle and put a colour ad in Unique Cars - if someone comes to look at it from interstate, you've pretty much got it sold.

G

Unregistered
My advice - get a really nice colour shot 3/4 angle and put a colour ad in Unique Cars - if someone comes to look at it from interstate, you've pretty much got it sold.

Oh hey Kristian... :) emailed you earlier about chasers...

3/4 angle... sorry mate dumb question but um... what point would that be from... im not a great car photographer... ha >.<

and p.s
One legnum on all three of those above mentioned car sites and its not rego'd or anything for $17,500... yeah its the same one on all of em. ha
so i see what you mean...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The angle you've taken both the shots in your first post are fine. Be careful that putting aftermarket wheels on will narrow your target market too ;)

G

Unregistered
Yeah a friend this morning said sell without the wheels... so if someone has a different idea on what they want you havent limited yourself... thanks for the advice guys...

G

Unregistered
:) thats a bit different.. i like it...
yeah ive gotta take into account my living situation and space available etc... as i said... the car is amazing... and if the time comes where i get all grown up n find a lady etc... the legnum will be top of my list haha...

yeah the jzx forum costs money to join??? im a bit eh with that :wanker:

sweet ill browse those sites and see what the go is on em.. again thanks for post guys appreciate it

Since when??

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
The last good car that i saw sell from carsales went for $16000-$16500 and it was a 1999 manual with recaros

G

Unregistered
I'll think you'll find that it's an 'optional' subscription (similar to Club VR4).

You shouldn't have to pay to register - thieves ! :p

G

Unregistered
nah brew...

they let you register then prevent you from accessing the forums unless you pay for a subscription...

fluff that... daylight robbery

G

Unregistered
you're kidding? This must of happened very recently :banghead: what a joke!

JZX100's are shit anyway! :D

G

Unregistered
you're kidding? This must of happened very recently :banghead: what a joke!

JZX100's are shit anyway! :D

HAHA nope unfortunately not dazz... you actually have more of a viewing allowance when you're just lurking the forums. pfft...

cheyeah... dont even know why i bothered with that forum... should look at a suzuki swift or something :bigsmile:

Top Bottom