Custom Amp Rack/Mounting Board

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Hey guys,

I'm looking to install an amp under the front passenger seat and was wondering what would be the best way to secure it to the floor. I don't want to screw rivets into the chassis of the car nor do i want to ruin thr carpet; I want the amp to sit cleanly and flush looking, was thinking along the lines of a mounting board such as mdf wood secured with industrial velcro to the carpet and screw the amp to the board.

However, I'm open to options and idea's and would love to see pictures of people's designs and installations.

Thanks in advance,
Jase

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Mine is just held down by self adhering velco stuck to the amp, have had no issues with it moving even with trackwork.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Mine is just held down by self adhering velco stuck to the amp, have had no issues with it moving even with trackwork.

Both my under seat amps are mounted the same way, they are fine.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I used the same idea in the boot of my Magna with 2 amps. Under the seat would be even more secure as there isn't anything moving which could potentially dislodge it.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
does it HAVE to be under the seat? I prefer attached tot he rear of the back seat.

Seats weren't built to support the weight of an amp in a crash, not to mention they aren't protected from cargo in the rear and you can't fold your seats down any more without having excess wire.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
It can be wherever you want it to be! I have even seen them attached to the roof (but I think that is a crazy idea. In the event of a crash that is a lot of weight which could potentially hit your head!)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Mine are under the seat, however held in place by screws, not velcro

Oggie

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
terry
Drive
1999 Vr4 Legnum
IMG_0037.jpg

this is my amp attached to the back seat, it has never gotten in the way of it being folded down. and I have never had "excess" wires when it was folded down due to them being tucked under the back seat.

each tot hier own I spose :)

G

Unregistered
Iv out them under the seats and ventilation mouth, on the back seats with wiring threaded through the seats rears to look neat,in the rear parcel tray in the legnums and in the side pockets WICH s my favourite as it still retains a factory look and allows decen venting and easy custom tuning when needed.

I have also seen a 12" subwoofer go straight through the rear galant vr4 seat and destroy the steel framing and foam too so Please secure your shite

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
You can slip a piece of MDF under the carpet and then screw through the carpet into the MDF. That way you don't put holes in your floor pan.

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Well if everyone has velcro attached to amp and floor, I guess there is no need for the MDF board; what type of velcro is it, a special industrial self-adhesive type?

Top Bottom