custom boot and Ba falcon thermos.

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
i have been busy the last week or so. fit 4 10 inch subs in fibreglass boxes in the boot and now since my alloy radiator is in i thought id upgrade the thermos too.the factory ones look really messy and not uniform like i prefer.
they fit (barely) but man they blow some air! should keep it cool in the Townsville summer i reckon.only thing left to do is replace the lower radiator hose but Mitsubishi cant find me one,even with the part number i got off here. anyone know where i can get one in oz?

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow looks great!

I like the wheels on it too, fill out nicely :)

Ivan at x3e on the traders forum has silicone radiator hoses that he sells, I have a set waiting to go on when I replace my radiator :)

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
yea mate had the spoiler removed. was oe of the first things i did.here are some pics of my engine bay.The rims are off my mates evo IV,19x8.sold em to me for 500 bucks! Cheers to whoever made the pics appear .please can u do the same with these lol.

cam1754

cam1754

IMG_0044.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Just put
at the end

e.g.
HTML:
[ATTACH]55552[/ATTACH]

Engine bay looks sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
was it hard to removed the spoiler. as in welding up the holes and repainting. did u do it, or a crash shop?

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
managed to get 1 pic to work. i suck lol.yea i pulled the spoiler off myself and got the shop to weld up the holes and then went to spray shop to paint it, looks so much better without a shopping trolley handle on the back.(y)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
really interested in the BA/AU thermos, i know there a great mod for silvias cause of nearly no room restriction

but how well do they fit in our vr4's clearance to turbo wise? (i see the pic but its a bit blury)
much modding required?
how did you wire them?
how well do they fit the radiator?

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
the au/ba thermos width wise are almost exact to my alloy radiator.as for the height , i had to cut off about 50mm of the shroud on the top, i have mounted them upside down so the side that i cut is at the bottom.
i used a piece of alloy at the top tp bolt into the radiators holes and then used rivets to secure the fans.and the same at the bottom.i also had to cut off the factory radiator support brackets and make new ones out of alloy.it sits higher than factory but still clears the bonnet.they are wired up to ignition so they are always on but still used that funny module with the heatsinks on ,just in case as i have no idea wat it does.sorry bout the pic quality, ill try post a clearer one up if i can.they clear the heat shield of exhaust by about 10mm and the turbo by 8mm. very close but they are working a treat so far.They are very slim and they are fully enclosed in a shroud witch directs the air better and less chance of fingers getting hit
:cursing:. took 2 days to do but very happy with the end result.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Looks nice mate!!

Why not just buy your bottom rad hose from Ralliart in NZ? It will work out cheaper then getting one locally, especially now i thing AUD$1 = NZ$465.50.....

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
That is a perfect engine bay! Where did you get the radiator and what is it?

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
it was a place in melbourne that was selling on ebay.said it was an evo IV one but not sure it is

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
It looks as thick as one! Should have no probs at all staying cool in stinking hot Townsville.

G

Unregistered
Very nice. I'm fairly sure I saw your car one day as I was leaving the V8 race when it was up here. Quite a good road presence.

I assume you are the guy who knows Erwin?

Edit: This post may make more sense if I mention i'm in Townsville too.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Top Bottom