Custom laser cut parts - what do we need for VR4s?

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Dont know if you guys have heard. The twin dump/front pipe Ivan makes for the evo, has been very sucessful. With gains of 20kw atw over other single dump and front pipes.

But he doesnt make them for the leggy....

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Dont know if you guys have heard. The twin dump/front pipe Ivan makes for the evo, has been very sucessful. With gains of 20kw atw over other single dump and front pipes.

But he doesnt make them for the leggy....

That's because people on this forum talk about wanting parts all the time and then when Ivan goes and makes something, nobody buys it. I guess he's sold a fair few intercoolers but with the muffler everyone went quiet as soon as he finished mine (the prototype). And after Ivan cancelled his plans to make more, people then started asking where they could find a good muffler again. Go figure.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Yeah. Ive spoken to him a few times about it as well. The market isnt big enough for him.

Sorry for high jacking the thread. Maybe look into a smiliar to that?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
That's because people on this forum talk about wanting parts all the time and then when Ivan goes and makes something, nobody buys it. I guess he's sold a fair few intercoolers but with the muffler everyone went quiet as soon as he finished mine (the prototype). And after Ivan cancelled his plans to make more, people then started asking where they could find a good muffler again. Go figure.

I think there would have been a bigger market if it were a whole system. I know I would have been in if it were and if it was all stainless.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Thick stainless stuff is more expensive apparently because he needs to go to another shed & use different gear. Macca, looking at around $160 for 4x3" flanges and 4x2.5" 2 bolt flanges in 8mm stainless.

And yeah, to everyone asking about intake manifold flanges, can certainly be done if he could get a template.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Tell Pauly to pull his intake piping apart and use as a template. We will all love him long time.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
lol give me like a month or so and i might do that

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Awesome.png

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
with the plenum flange.. how does he want these? I can send him my spare plenum if needed

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
Are dumps for all going to happen? Also can you change dumps by undoing some bolts from below your car while its on a hoist or is there more difficulty to it.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I think they will, yes. I now have a new source for pipes & welding that will do them. I am getting front pipes done, then tune, then we will do dumps. Just no time to do them beforehand.

Top Bottom