custom vented wings/fenders

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
Not too much going on here in regards to customizing, so I'll contribute my endless little alterations to my Galants :)

These last few months I've been busy with all bits of bodywork for both Galoons, e.g. the custom grilles I made from both facelift and pre-facelift grilles, but I also had something else that I hardly couldn't wait to start working on.

vr2-bumper10.JPG
vr2-bbq02.jpg

Custom FL grille and customized PFL bumper (smoothed out the tow hook cover, widened the number plate recess, cut away the lips at the under/sides and cut away part of the top lip to get the FL grille to fit properly).

What I've done to the fenders:
I made a set of custom side wings that have pre-formed vents in them. To be honest, the original idea wasn't mine (Adam & Annti from ClubVR4), as there are a few already who have used the Ford S-Max fender vents, but I'm pretty sure I'm the first who really embedded/blended them completely in the fenders
smiley.gif

vr2-vents00.JPG

vr2-vents01.JPG

vr2-vents02.JPG

vr2-vents03.JPG

vr2-vents04.JPG

vr2-vents05.jpg

vr2-vents08.JPG

vr2-bbq03.jpg

vr2-vents09.jpg

All that is left to do now is paint and fit the awaiting set of original fender flares and then it'll look even better.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Mark, thanks for sharing your great work!! Looks pretty farken good:p
love the grille and the blended tow hook is really nice touch!

Twin exhaust pipes look great too!

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Wow, great work! I especially like the grille. :)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
looks awesome, nice skills!

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
if you don't mind sharing, where are the vents from?

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

I'm no pro at this stuff, merely a trying and getting experienced amateur who keeps at it until is good and done :)
I do have to say that all these customizations take a tremendous amount of time as anyone willing to try or has tried will know. The rewards of doing it yourself (imagening, fabricating/bodywork, painting) are certainly there too :)

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Ive been looking to do this for so long! cant wait to give it a crack! mine will be black panels, with the inside of the vents in annodised red :) just ordered the vents.

Thanks heaps for sharing

Top Bottom