NSW Darkhorse in Sydney

Darkhorse

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Doug
Drive
Legnum
Hi everyone,

I am new. I used to be all about silvias and the drift scene, back when I was young enough for that kind of malarkey. Started initial drift with some buddies in 2002 because there wasn't enough drift days.

Fast forward to now, ive been driving around in a hand-me-down boring ass grandma car for a couple of years out of convenience, but not entirely happy about it.

Suddenly - hailstorm.

Darkhorse uses insurance - it is super effective!

So I bought Volk's Legume and it will be on a truck coming to me in Sydney shortly. This is super exciting news as I haven't driven anything fun for far too long and being a hoon is in my blood.

I already have plans to immediately fix the body, finish the exhaust, get a retune, install a stereo (not a fully sick one, see previous comment about being too old) consider suspension and brake upgrades, and totally copying Trotty with one of the reveltronics trip computers.

so hello!

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Welcome dark horse. Will be great to have another member in Sydney. Will be organising a meet soon.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
When u expecting the dark horse?

Darkhorse

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Doug
Drive
Legnum
If all goes according to plan, it goes to the depot this afternoon and from then its approx 8 days until I can collect it from the Sydney depot.

Could be more, could be less. I have a 3 week break from work coming up as well starting Saturday next week so it -should- turn up just in time.

Not gonna lie, the anticipation is killing me right now and its still over a week to go. Also as of last Friday I don't have a car for the first time since I was 17, thats taking some getting used to

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum Dark. Interesting name lol

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13c

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Welcome! I hope this car will be slammed and fitted the way it should've been / the way it was in joeys dreams

Darkhorse

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Doug
Drive
Legnum
all good things in the fullness of time, but it won't be fully hectic. I'm not a fan of super low cars, even when done properly, been there and done that.

I'm an old man and this isn't a race car, also its go no stereo and only half an exhaust so that comes first, then sway bars and brakes both outrank more low... not to mention fixing body work and getting a retune.

We will see how I feel about it after driving it for a while, I might change my tune, always open to suggestions.

But slammed is a younger man's game...

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
I'm 40, does that make me older than you?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
That's OK. My car came with coilovers. I reckon they're harsh as, but @RicKii`` reckons they're plush. I guess it's all relative to what you're used to.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
You don't have to compromise much. I put TEIN Super Wagons on my Leggie, lowered it until it scrapes my driveway, and my 75-year-old mother thinks the ride is nice and comfy.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
You don't have to compromise much. I put TEIN Super Wagons on my Leggie, lowered it until it scrapes my driveway, and my 75-year-old mother thinks the ride is nice and comfy.
I've got Tein GT Wagons. Are they harder or softer than Super wagons?

Top Bottom